• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home from op number 3

sassyp81

Six Month Post Op
Hi all, as you may know I had my bypass in March then was readmitted in April for a bowle repair well ended up in again and had another op on Wednesday! Yet another bowel repair and removal of adhesions.
I am a bit fed up with all this recovery time I have to go through, no driving, lifting etc which isnt easy with a toddler to amuse. My husband has also not dealt very well with it this time and with a massive added work pressure buckled on Thursday and has been put on sleeping tablets to be reviewed maybe needing anti depressants!
As usual after huge doses of morphine and a general anesthetic I am badly constipated and nothing will shift it, I can actually feel it all stuck quite low down!
The district nurse has just rung to say she will pop in after 3pm, change my dressings, test my wee as I think I have an infection again and also bring some suppositories-oh what fun!
I can hardly eat or drink again, not because of my stomach, that is fine but I feel so full and bloated Im assuming the constipation isnt helping that.
As usual not alot other than whinging but....have lost 4stone!YEY
:D

Sxxxx

Hi Sassy

Boy youve had a rough time of it! well done on your loss so far x x

flowers.jpg

I'm so sorry! That's all horrid!

Chin up it's behind you now, best foot forward and all that. Not that that helps but it is behind you now and it could be all plain sailing ahead from now on.

I was told oranges and orange juice was good for constipation, not strong medicine I know, but may help a little bit.

sounds like uve been through the mill! Hope u recover quick now, well done on the weight loss xxx

Oh sassy you have had it bad must have been miserable for you
Hope there are no more problems, and you can just get on with your life.
Well done on the weight loss really fantastic I should think you are pleased.
As for the constipation what a nightmare, sure the supps might help although it sounds like an enema might be better , however once the immovable is removed try benefibre like alot of the other bypassers take that seems to keep them regular!!
Good luck anyway Sxxx

Jay xx

Hi Sassy - thought i had seen you round for a bit. Sorry you seem to be going through the mill at the moment everything crossed your ok this time.

Give you hubby a hug from me sounds as if he needs TLC too - sending you both hugs with fairy dust for a speedy recovery x

awww sassy hope you have it all sorted now and do not need more ops, have you asked them if further ones will be needed so you can be prepared for them?

orange juice does help also try prunes/juice as well i to was consitapted after having 5 days of morphine for my gallbladder so i can sympathise with you deepely on that. The district nurse will set you right in no time.

HiYa Sassy,
Poor you going through 3 Ops, I am so sorry your having a rough time of it, I really do hope things start getting better for yu very soon, Sending you big hugs,x

"WoW" 4stone down already That is amazing well done You!!
It will be all worth it in the end, Your doing great!!! x

Hi Sassy

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you all the way now...

I know I go on and on about Psyllium husks......but they are brilliant...gives you jelly poo's...easy to eliminate...no fudge...(so sorry to be graphic)...can get it in GNC
but ask how much to take as you now a titchy tummy.

~X~

I'm not sure if bypassers can have this but my dietician told me to have a small glass of prune juice or to puree some fruit to keep me regular but I agree with an earlier post that you probably need an enema. the nurse will know what to do!!!!

hope everything sorts itself out for you!!

:hug99:Aww Sassy, 3 ops in 3 months has got to take its toll on you and your family. You having the pain and worry and your hubby having the worry and stress as well as having the little one to contend with. I really feel for you all. Hopefully the only way to go now is UP. You've done great with the weight loss but at such an expense sweetheart. :grouphugg:
Big hugs to you all and really hope things start to change for you now and you have a healthy recovery and less stress for you and your hubby. xx Gaynor xx

Sorry to hear you have has such a hard time. Hopefully you will start to recover now. Hubby will feel much better too if he does need the anti-depressants.

Back