• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Homerton WLS - Finally got my surgery date after 2 years :)

MrsLee88

Hi everyone,

I have just received my surgery date for 21st March 2017. I was referred to St Barts in March 2014, spent 2 years under Dr Coppack having various tests/appointments/therapy and was referred to Homerton in May 2016. Had my initial appointment 19th November, Endoscopy 28th December and surgery date received today :).

My mother-in-law, Husband and sister-in-law have all had RNY (Gastric Bypass) so i have a pretty good idea of what to expect, i also know it does not last forever, you must train you mind to adapt to the lifestyle change!

Hope to chat to some of you on here, it would be great to hear from anyone who has had this at the Homerton as the family have all had them with Dr El-Hasani at Chelsfield Park.

Michelle :)

Congratulations. how exciting for you. I am a newbie under the homerton.. How had he last two years been. I was hoping it would take a year but you never know with these things. look forward to following your journey. xx

Last edited:
Congratulations x

Hello, welcome and good luck! x

Hello and congratulations on your date! Looks like you are well prepared and aware of what is to come - that is the main part of the battle to success!

Hey :) I have just started this journey.... I hope your op goes well xxxx

Congratulations. how exciting for you. I am a newbie under the homerton.. How had he last two years been. I was hoping it would take a year but you never know with these things. look forward to following your journey. xx

Very exciting! Well I was under Barts before, and then referred. I had number of appointments with various members of the team - dietitian, psychologist, various consultants along with lots of blood tests, sleep apnea, endoscopy etc so that took the 2 years, and then surgery date within 9 months :) Good luck on your journey, i will follow yours too :) xx

Hey me and @Tracey had ours at homerton :) very good hospital x
Thats great to find people under the same hospital! Hi to you both :) - Do you mind me asking which pre-op diets they do? is it for 2 or 3 weeks? The in-laws had the liver shrink (only green fruit/veg and limited protein), but I'm hoping this one is not as brutal lol xx

Congratulations on getting your surgery date. Mr Koak removed my gall badder a couple of years ago and was the person who suggest wls to me.

So, i am now a post-opper :). Had surgery on 21st March (was advised to have sleeve instead of RNY) so currently 5 days post-op and have recovered very quickly. No pain, managing to tolerate everything in small sips and amounts. averaging 500-600kcals per day and 1.5ltrs of fluids (inc milk, soup etc).

Feeling very positive and happy about the months to come, looking forward to meeting with the team in a couple of weeks to make sure I am on the right track :) xx

Congratulations! Onwards and downwards!

Back