• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hotel Internet Access

Starlight

Dont know if anyone can suggest anything. Im staying at a Travel Inn just now and have relctantly bought internet access. I think its ridiculous they charge guests for net access but anyway thats not my point lol

When I try and access some pages a pop up box comes up saying its not available offline do i want to connect - but I am connected. If I click yes it gives me the settings for my home connections.

I cant access some sites at all :mad:

Are you on broadband at home?

If so go to to the tools menu in IE, click on Intenet Options.
Select the connections tab and put a dot in the option that says never dial a connection.
Apply that change.

Then go to file, take the tick off the bit that says Work offline and then close and reopen the browser.

If you are on dial up at home - remember what your setting was at on the connection tab and change it back before you connect again at home.

HTH

Kitty xxx

BRILLIANT!!! That worked perfectly! I KNEW someone on here would know ;)

No problem :) Basically it probably meant that the hotel network connection you were using dropped and then it defaulted to your home settings.

As I say, don't forget to change it back when you get home if you are on dial up, otherwise it won't know how to connect :)

Kitty xxx

Back