• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How is funding eligibility determined?

So really, "funding" simply means you've been referred with surgery being a possible outcome - and that should it be the final result then it is funded. But it certainly doesn't mean that you're going to have it, and it could still mean a wait of one year or more. Despite what my GP told me it certainly doesn't sound like it'll all be sorted for me within one year having read all your comments! I'd much rather know the real stories though than be disappointed later when I'm told exactly what you've all said above. So, thanks for weighing in (no pun intended! lol)

Question for those who went to Chichester: how long after you were referred did you get your first letter, and what did it say?

Many thanks! Hope you all have a good weekend.

Hi Griz!

Well the thing is - you've actually got a right to choose from 11 different hospitals. I chose Chichester. But as far as I know you only get the choice once you've done the weight management. Why don't you have a quick read on www.whyweightuk.com the whole process is there but you're right "funding" just means you're on your way and there's money in the kitty for you IF you go through to the end.

Have a great weekend too! xx

Took me a while to find it too! I think when I first looked up the website, there wasn't much info on it but it's been updated and is quite informative now!

I started my tier 3 with Fareham in july 2012 , I went to see WLS Portsmouth in May 2013 . I could have gone to another hospital but I knew with my sleep apnoea I would need an intensive care bed . my bmi was 50 and I co mobility , sleep apnoea , heart disease high blood pressure , uncontrolled asthma. . , as I got funding in April 2013 but due to such poor physical health didn't have surgery till nov2013 after I was seen by the cardiac surgeons . How ever I had tried medication in 2010. But it effected my bowels and caused massive problems . it was just over a year but this was because I was high risk , as they were concerned I could die on the table !
I was really upset when I failed the anaesthetics , but now I can see that they did have my best interest . . As you can see I didn't and life is so much better , I can swim cycle and also go to the gym .
My only advice is to persevere don't give up . Take every thing offered to you on your journey the psychological impute is so helpful with head hunger . The personal training session give you confidence . And the diet nutritional well that what keeps us alive and healthy . , because it all helpful afterwards ..
After I had my surgery I had a GP exercise referral one of the best things I done it gave me confidence . I also go to a WLS support group in Portsmouth monthly . As I worry about getting back into bad eating habits

Back