• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how often should I eat after bypass surgery?30/11/2014

los in it

All has been great post op but this weekend is the first weekend after returning to work ( took 2 months off to get the food phrases out the way) that I have felt light headed had a headache all weekend been trying to up my drinks this is my weekend food intake
sat= 2× oranges then medication
2x latte
1x stuffed mushroom on spinach 3x cherry tomatoes
1× tea
sunday( today)
2× oranges medication 2x pain killers
1x cheese and onion on toast with crusts cut off
2x tea milk no sugar
1 yougurt
planning to maybe have 2 finger widths size of home made lasagne on spinach
im guessing you may say food could be better I dont know how to make it better
I look forward to your responses
forgot to say each of the hot drinks have only been around 1/2a cup each time still cant drink a full cup and sipping waterduring the day up to maybe a glass each day

Last edited:
I only eat 3 times a day very little at each sitting. morning i eat very little seems like i fill up quicker in the morning.

Hey Los, slightly concerned if what you have listed is all that you're drinking! Hopefully you are also having a bottle of water next to you and sipping that all day to get a litre to a litre and a half of water every day too.
My dietary advice was not to think of 'meals' but five/six 'intakes' a day, sounds the same to me ;)
Example of my day:
Yoghurt
Milky drink
Soup
Fruit
Mash & stewed steak & mushy peas & ketchup

I'm only eating half a muller or a third of a tin of soup and the evening meal is side plate portions, not more than 6 or 7 desert spoons.
Liquid intake is mainly from water or water/cordial mix, aiming for 1 1/2 litres a day plus hot drinks.

Little but often is the way to keep energies high and lots if water prevents dehydration which causes headaches, poor skin and aches throughout the body.
Xx

Back