• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to take medication with a band...

iheartny

Hi There,
Does anyone know if I will be able to take my fluoxetine and microgynon still once I have the band or do I need to speak to my doc about taking it in a different way:)

Hi
I was told to get all my meds changed to liquid or crushable pills , i spoke to my Dr and he changed mine ready for the op, my band op is also due Feb 2010 (2nd), good luck , i'm sure some of the post banders will be along shortly to share their knowledge .

hi there iv just had bypass and was told get doc to change all meds to liquid or crushable, BUT be warnded they tast very very horrible. chris. ps my wife ad band last yr and she did same as me.hope this helps

Brilliant, thanks for the replies. I was hoping to not have to tell my doctor what I was doing.... the last time I mentioned it, she was less than pleased!

Hey Mandie, just noticed, might see you on Tuesday, I am having mine done by Mr. Super on Monday at Dolan Park! x
PS Oh.... Liquid Fluoxetine tastes awful!

Does anyone know if this is the same for the bypass, do i need to change to liquid tabs. I take so many tablets i won't need any food.

I was advised to have liquid or dispersible tablets till after I was beyond the sloppy stage about 4-5 weeks out.

Those not available in liquid/dispersible had to be crushed.

I used to put them in yoghurt and swallow quick :sigh: but they didn't always stay down

So I only ended up taking the really essential ones till I could have tablets again

Analgesia was worst cos I needed it most lol - soluble cocodamol was the pits - still have to let effervescent tabs go flat before I can have them

Good luck

Angela

Back