• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Hows everyone doung with balloon??

ginzeh

Im getting excitedly nervous! 15 days til my Spatz balloon!!!!

How's everyone's
Progress? So frustrating there aren't as many threads or replies like the others!! I only have this forum not many on the net covering balloon!!

Ginz x

Hi Gineh

I have had my balloon just over 13 weeks now and have lost 14 pounds since operation. I am one of the lucky ones as my body has accepted the balloon.
Portion size is taking a bit of getting used to as i feel
i can eat more than i can and i have had a couple of times of being sick. I now eat from a tea plate and small meals.
The only problem i seem is to have is not drinking enough water throughout the day.

Goodluck with your balloon ..What pre op diet are you doing ???

Nicky xx

oops 3 weeks not 13 weeks

Hi, well done!!
Im scared about the feeling sick etc I hate sickness!

I haven't been told about a pre op diet yet?! I have phone appointment with dietician though on the 19th? Op is 26th!

Who did u go with? Im going with nucleous in Wales, long way from me hence phone appointments etc!

I just reread the 13 to 3 weeks thing! Firstly I thought 1lb a week you'd lost then realised in 3 weeks! Omg I so hope that's me!! I so need this, didn't want drastic op of band etc! I just need something to stop me eating so much all the time out of boredom!!

Xxxx

Hi Ginz
Wales !! you are a long way from home .

I had operation in London on NHS went in for a bypass and woke up with a balloon.. I was very suprised.

This week harder, made myself sick at weekend as ate most of a cornet ice cream at weekend, tummy not been right since.. My fault as i cant get get out of my head that i cant eat bigger portions, my head thinks i can and small portions are so small.
I dont know when i am full up until about half
an hour later when i start burping. So sticking to to 2oz protein and 2 tablespoons of veg and
potatoes this week.

Nicky xx

Ah I'm going private I'm not sure if I'd qualify on nhs although my BMI is 40ish I think. But the waiting times are very long ive heard?!

Oh dear at the ice cream!! So you don't constantly feel full til after you've over eaten?!

How comes you went in for a bypass and came out with a balloon?! Do you have the 1yr Spatz or the 6 month? Sorry for all qs!

11 days now woo!! Excited and nervous

Xx

oooh getting nearer Ginz :)

Surgeon tried to do bypass so have 5 scars wher they had a dabble but found i hae a large liver and they could do it for safety reasons.. So have got balloon for 6 months to lose a bit more weight.
I have an appointment to go back in December for checkup so will find out if they do bypass when they take ballooon out..

Are you having the Spatz Balloon??

The only time i feel my balloon now is when i sleep, if i roll over onto belly its not very comfortable..

Take care

Nicky xx

Aw bless, hope your liver is smaller when it's time!!

Yea I'm having Spatz don't kno if that's any different in shape etc to your except it's expandable!

Wales is about a
4/5hr drive I think, not looking forward to driving back feeling sick etc lol well I won't be driving!!

I wanted it done in a private hospital not a glam plastic surgery place!
There's only 2 places offering Spatz I could find!

Please keep me updated! Im always checking on here it's nice to talk to ppl whove had it!

Does it actually stop you over eating? Like I could go to cupboard just bored and eat eat eat will they disappear?!

Good luck. Xxx

Hi Ginz, the balloon does stop you over eating..
I only eat small portions but my brain looks at them and thinks its tiny. I still crave biscuits, crisps and choccy though. I chose not to buy them anymore.

Am struggling with eating at the moment..
I used to graze in the evening and 9pm was always a time where i wanted food.
My problem is that if i dont measure food out, i
eat what what i think is small but infact its too much, it is not until about half an hour after that i start burping and realise its too much. Then i feel sick, i think its a combination of eating a couple of spoonfuls over and not chewing enough..
last night i had something before i went to bed and slept on it, that is a no no, it made me feel sick and gave me tummy ache. I must stick by the rules and not lay down for atleast 2 hours after eating.

The spatz balloon stays in for a year doesnt it ??? and i think it is adjsutable ??? I have got saline in my balloon, not sure if spatz is air?? Would make it much lighter if it is ..

Anyway today is gonna be a better day, made stew yesterday so gonna eat and freeze some. :)

Nickyxx

So you still have to be strict with yourself and have smaller portions?! i just want to feel full!

i can sometimes have a big dinner an hour later im snacking on crap again!

have you nticed your weightloss? i kno it sounds silly but some people say they dont! im scared i wont lose anything =( im just looking forward to goals and knowing i have a tool to help me with not over eating all the time , might join ww or slim world and not tell them i have a balloo, theyll all he jealous haha, only joking im not cruel!

im just glad i have had this choice of having it done financially, im just hoping my confidence increases etc =)

Hi im so happy you started this thread lol as its soo hard to find information on here about the balloon.. Im thinking about having it done but want to do some more re-search first.. How u feeling now? must be so excited?x

I know little fairy! I wish balloons had own section as everything is wraps etc I've found it hard do find balloon research constantly searching!
Even on google there's not loads of info of personal experiences!

I'm so excited and nervous I'm booked in for Wednesday for mine, I'm so bad at gagging lol i gag at brushing my teeth!!
My worst fear is things in my throat too I'm a weirdo, I'm funny eating meat as when I was younger I nearly choked to death on some beef at a restaurant and didn't eat for just over a month I was like 9! And I'm still funny about meats i chew beef an lamb an spit it out so I get the flavour, sounds disgusting I know 25 years old and still like it! Anyway boring story haha.

Ill update all the time as not everyone has! The amount of threads I've responded to and no replies is annoying =( ill always reply im constantly on here with my phone!

Xxxx

I know little fairy! I wish balloons had own section as everything is wraps etc I've found it hard do find balloon research constantly searching!
Even on google there's not loads of info of personal experiences!

I'm so excited and nervous I'm booked in for Wednesday for mine, I'm so bad at gagging lol i gag at brushing my teeth!!
My worst fear is things in my throat too I'm a weirdo, I'm funny eating meat as when I was younger I nearly choked to death on some beef at a restaurant and didn't eat for just over a month I was like 9! And I'm still funny about meats i chew beef an lamb an spit it out so I get the flavour, sounds disgusting I know 25 years old and still like it! Anyway boring story haha.

Ill update all the time as not everyone has! The amount of threads I've responded to and no replies is annoying =( ill always reply im constantly on here with my phone!

Xxxx
Yeah i agree not much info about balloons. Aww good luck im sure you will be ok :) Let me know how it all goes? are you doing a preop diet or anything xx

Hey, im getting nervous lol ill start a new thread with my journey and might do a blog.

Dietician said no food 12 hrs before and no liquid 6 hrs before! I'm going to be thirsty and its a long drive =(

I'll update you tomorrow, you made any decisions yet or enquired?

Thanks xxxx

Hi guys I am having spatz at end of Oct. I have about 15 to 20 kg to lose. Do tell all how it is going? how did you feel straight after? like you hard to find others who have had it so I promise to update a lot. Gimez, how was yours? its been a few weeks now? xx

Hi all you ballooners!!

I also find it difficult to find others that have had the balloon, so I am glad I have found this thread.

I had my balloon fitted last Thursday (4th Oct) Not been as bad as I thought. Was really sick for the first 3 days. I couldn't get the anti sickness tablets when I first came out of hospital. It was the weekend and they had to be ordered in. So, keep that in mind and make sure you get the hospital to give you some before you leave to see you through. I was told that no chemists will stock them in as they are so expensive, they do have to be ordered. They are the same as they give to people who are on chemo.

Anyway..... I do have a bloated feeling most of the time for the rest of the week. Doesn't make it any worse when I eat though. It's just always there.

First day today that I don't feel sick at all. The bloated feeling is less, but I haven't started eating yet. I am not a breakfast person, so I don't have till about 9.30. But then I find I am eating or drinking all day and evening!!!! I really feel a pig, even though the amounts are so small! Lol. But the weight is coming off. 10lb in the first week. So I am well happy at the moment.

Let's keep this thread going girls.... and men of course!! lol.

All who are waiting to have it done..... Yes, you feel sick and you will think, why did I do this..... That's just for the first week or so, that's no too much to to put up with when you you think of the good you should get out of it.

Good luck and keep posting. :) :)

Chrissy xx

Hi Chrissie :)

Well done with the weight loss, keep it up :)

I felt bloated for a good three weeks after the operation and i burped a lot..
Felt bloated if ate too late, tried not to eat 2 hours before i went to bed as in 1st few weeks i was sometimes sick...

Hope all going well with you

Nicky xx

thanks for this, hope you are feeling better, I get heartburn a lot now and dodgy tummy so will def ask for the anti nausea drugs. How big did you get the balloon filled my doc is saying only 450ml due to my pregnancy very bad nausea and heartburn. Hang in there. when do you start on solids? my doc said a few days!

Back