• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hypertrophic scarring

fbscpa

Hey all,

Since having my surgery in November my scars have remained very red and raised, without any real noticeable fading or improvement.

Having googled this I now think I have hypertrophic scarring, which is not quite as bad as keloid scarring, but will remain prominent for sometime.

I just wondered if anyone else has had this, or know of anything to improve the appearance of the scars. :confused: I am using bio-oil and also a silicone based gel daily, with little effect. I've even resorted to trying to cover them with concealer but they are far too red & raised for that to have any effect.

I suffer from keloid scarring so know very well the dramas of scarring. Luckily for me because of this my surgeon decide to perform a single incision procedure. And in true form I have a single hypertrophic scar taking centre stage of my stomach.

The best treatment is to request a prescription from your GP for Cica Care silicone sheets. These work very well but you need to be consistent with their application
You can also massage them with a Vit E oil twice daily.

Good luck.

Thanks, I've just ordered some of the silicone sheets off the internet.

I had a breast augmentation a few years ago and can barely see those scars so I didn't think it would be a problem. However, the incisions then were stitched rather than glued back together - I'm wondering if this could cause the massive difference in the scarring I have between the two operations?

Following an article in the Daily Scare sometime in March, I've been putting a silicone stick called RemeScar on my wls scars and a RemeScar stretch mark cream on my tummy. They say to wait for 3 (or maybe 6) months to see results. I got them from Boots. One was about £20 and the other £24. Not cheap :eek:

For my cosmetic surgery scars which are enormous I am rubbing Retinol in them twice daily. This is an Environ face cream. Massage the scars hard to just before your eyes start watering sort of level. Been doing this for about 2 months now and that has made a difference. Including building up my arm muscles ;)

Yup! I have five raised red keloid scars 2 years post op and they are permanent they will never fade. I Hate them.
I tried it all bio oil, shark oils you name it. Every time I went for a fill the nurse would say oh that looks nasty. Like I just had surgery a week before.

Yours sound like mine Bella, I've been trying everything on them but they are still red and unsightly. When I asked the surgeon about scars he said it would be minimal. My scars certainly are not minimal!! :(

Back