• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i had a leak

zoehooper2

i had a gastric sleeve on the 21th march at heartlands i went home 2 days later then on the 27th march i had terrible pain in my left arm and chest when i drank anything and my temp was 39 doctor came out and sent me back to heartlands i had a ct scan which shown i had a leak i was in so much pain and the doctor said i need to go to theatre now he said tho i could die coz its more dangerous putting me out the second time than the first time so i was scared within half hour i was out . I don't remember the next 3 days has i was on morphine which i controlled when i did wake up i was sore and had drains coming out my tummy they had also put a stent in my tummy to help seal the hole also had a centre line put in my neck so they could put me on a feed bag i spent nearly 3 weeks in hospital also i had fluid on my lung so i had to have another drain in my back . in the end i came home i have been down and its scare me lot what i been though worse is i still going through it i cant keep much fluid down coz im been sick coz the stent is keeping top of my stomach open and my Oesophageal open so the acid is coming up its horrible cant sleep got burning pain 24 hours 7 days a week in my chest got to keep stent in upto 3 months . I got another scan torrow to make sure stent hasn't moved from me being sick everyday at moment i wish i never had it done i cant see a end to all this pain

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
You poor thing!

Hope everything heals soon and you start to feel better xx

Hopfully scooter81 will see this thread, she had a leak too.

Take care xx

Samsara

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Zoe :cry:But glad that they seemed to pick it up relatively quickly. Hopefully you'll soon be on the mend again :hug99: Hope you feel better soon, take care x x

paddyp

Oh you poor love. It's just not fair that this should happen to anyone. I am sure you are receiving the best care and hope things get better for you very soon. Did you have sleeve or bypass?

zoehooper2

i had a gastric sleeve on plus side i lost over 2 stone since 21th march i go back for a scan torrow to make sure the stent is where it should be and fluid can pass through ok

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
So sorry to hear you have had such a horrific time of it & hope things improve quickly for you. :patback: Big cyber ((((((hugs)))))) to you hun xx

rickysmrs

Awww Zoey im so sorry hun hope you are on the mend. Hope your scan goes well tomorow. Take care hun xx

chrisa

aWWW bless ya, hope you are sorted soon, and able to start enjoying the results of ya sleeve take care and hopefully heal quickly and well xx

triedeverything

OMG that sounds terrible.. I'm having my sleeve done in a few weeks and what you describe is my absolute worse nightmare.. I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you are getting the very best care. hugs xxx

handbag-annie

Oh bless you. Sending big hugs and hope all goes well with your scan tomorrow - think positive!

We are all different, but like you I did greatly regret my bypass as I had horrendous complications post op and spent a week n hospital, then readmitted as an emergency and was there for nearly a month!

My op was 4 September and I took a long, long time to get over the complications and trauma that went with it. However I had faith in my team and I am now thankfully on the mend, and happy with my new life! I still question if I could have kept the nine stone I lost post op off, plus continue to lose without surgery. And ultimately, I know the answer would be no I couldn't. So no that I'm stronger I don't regret my decision.

Hopefully with the support of your hospital team and your family you will get through this, get stronger, and not regret your decision.

You can and will do this!

Take care xx

lulunics

So sorry to hear you have had a leak I really hope you get better very soon. A friend of mine had a leak in December, she was also told she may die and she lost her spleen was on a feeding tube for weeks she was very very poorly....but keep faith as she is almost back to normal now she is off her feeding tube, she is eating and getting on great.

Can I ask did they do a leak test on you? x x