• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I moved my op back

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Some of you may recall from a thread I started in December that I live alone, 3 flights above a shop with limited access in less than ideal living conditions. (http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-gastric-bypass-rny/141976-stairs-lifting-post-surgery.html)

Today I phoned the Whittington and asked to change my provisional surgery date (which was Tuesday 10 April) back by one week so that it is now:

Tuesday 17 April 2012

The reason is the firm I work for pay salaries on the 15th of the month and it occurred to me that if I have my op on the 17th, I will be able to buy a month's worth of shopping -- especially domestic cleaning stuff and household goods -- before I go into hospital.

There are a few other reasons related to needing to pay my rent in cash to my landlord on payday etc -- I realise that I *could* find solutions all these problems if I kept the op on the 10th -- but I would prefer not to have to work round so many logistical problems.

Moving the op to the 17th will make everything much easier, so that I can sort out all my bills, rent, electricity (key meter) and finances on payday (which will be Friday 13th April due to the weekend) and have a few days to get everything sorted, and stock up at home.

That sound perfectly practical to me. I did a lot of planning before my op. it helped to take my mind off my fear & made me feel in control. I did a shop for all my water, clear soups etc before (great tip if finances allow). I sailed through my op no pain & only in for 3 days but did not anticipated the tiredness dispite feeling fine.
Good luck not long to wait now.

great idea sharon, totally makes sense xxx

I really was not looking forward to the idea of being sent home on the 11th of April (hospital has told me 48 hrs is now very common for a sleeve) and then having a friend help me home and up the stairs on that day (good) but:

** Two days later (Friday 13th April) having to struggle back down the stairs to (1) my own bank to withdraw £500 (rent) in cash at the counter (cannot withdraw that amount at an ATM), and (2) walk to my landlord's office, and (3) walk back up the horrible stairs to my flat.

Even if I asked my landlord to come to my flat to collect the rent I would still have to withdraw it somehow -- he does not accept cheques nor standing orders etc! :mad: :mad:

I thought this thru several time and altho my landlord is aware I am having surgery -- there is just no way I would want to give my cash point card (and PIN) to anyone else (and they would only be able to withdraw £300 at an ATM) and would NOT be able to impersonate me at the Bank :eek: ...... let alone the idea of giving my cashpoint card direct to my landlord !!! :eek: :eek:
==========================

I would rather be in control of these things myself, and shifting the op to the other side of payday means that I will be able to sort all of that out (and shopping) myself and then have a good 4 weeks recovering before I need to think about rent and bills again !!!

When I get sent home from the hospital, I want to go to my flat and stay upstairs in the flat for quite a few days, without having to contemplate going down the stairs again !!!!!

Glad you feel more in control and hope it goes smoothly for you.Just wish you lived near me to help!Maz x

Better to be happy that you can cope post op, less stress the better :)

Sounds like perfect planning to me. And your right! Never give anybody access to any aspect of your banking. Do be careful carrying all your shopping upstairs when you are stocking up. Dont want any misshaps at this late stage. Won't be long now.
Take care.
Lynne x

Great idea ur date will soon be here :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back