• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I used to be a fitness consultant before I got fat.

67jax

I used to teach aerobics, be a fitness consultant in the gym and did a couple of years as a personal trainer. You would think I would know better than to get fat!
I'm really hoping to get back into teaching once the weight starts to come off. My main priority is to start a baggy tea shirt class and provide a stepping stone to some of the other classes. Going straight into a Zumba class or Body Combat is extreme for any beginner let alone someone carrying excess weight. At least I will understand the difficulties and humiliation an exercise class can be when you are overweight.

I used to teach aerobics, be a fitness consultant in the gym and did a couple of years as a personal trainer. You would think I would know better than to get fat!
I'm really hoping to get back into teaching once the weight starts to come off. My main priority is to start a baggy tea shirt class and provide a stepping stone to some of the other classes. Going straight into a Zumba class or Body Combat is extreme for any beginner let alone someone carrying excess weight. At least I will understand the difficulties and humiliation an exercise class can be when you are overweight.
hey Jax, i think it would be wonderful if you did classes again! you could give so much to people struggling!! And dont knock yourself out about allowing yourself to get fat, we cant help what our heads do to us, the brain is so complex lol I used to force feed myself food that i didnt even like hahaha weird! anyway, good luck :) xxx

Just because your big, doesn't mean you give up. Remember we are never too old to learn. We all make mistakes and fall off the wagon one way or another. This is what has happened to you, stop beating yourself up, go back after what you want out of life. My Mom always said, if you want something go get it, work for it, nothing is going to be given to you on a silver platter. Boy do I love that woman. I miss her every day.... Be a go getter!!!!!

I love the idea of a baggy t-shirt class. Im battling with the idea of getting a treadmill at home, or leaving it a while and joining the gym . . .I used to love going when I was on LL and it was a real motivator, but, Im also several stone heavier than I was then and I just cringe when I walk into these places :(

I went swimming today.........omg it was so nice.....and the walk of shame from the changing room to the pool felt so much better because I know I'm doing something about it.

I love swimming! It's weird I know but I've never felt uncomfortable in swimsuits! I guess it's coz everyone else is feeling as self conscious as you!! I can feel awkward and embarrassed in everyday clothes, a lot of the time!! But in a swimming costume I just think "f@ck it!!". It's a good feeling to walk out the changing room with your head held high! :) good luck with your t shirt class!! Julia. X

Ps I am a size 20. Waiting for wrap surgery. :)

Monday 5th November I start my baggy t-shirt class. Can't believe I've been brave enough to commit to it!

I hate swimming and hate putting a cossie on, but when Im thinner I will and go with my son. Am actually looking forward to being able to do so on holiday without the world and their dog making comments or staring!

It does feel good when we can do something about it tho, Ive got my gym session tomorrow :)

Hi Kat. I would recommend aqua robics to you. Or aqua running. Most ladies at robics are in the same position as us. It's less of a big deal when everyone is self concious!! The classes are good fun. Less strain on joints. Also aqua running - burns more Fat than any other exercise. It tones parts of the body I didn't think I could tone!! You'll love swimming with your son. I take my god daughter and am teaching her to swim. It's so rewarding!! It's really helped us bond too. :). Goodluck hun. Xx

I went swimming today.........omg it was so nice.....and the walk of shame from the changing room to the pool felt so much better because I know I'm doing something about it.
Really you are doing a wonderful job to keep your self fit and please keep on doing this as this all are good exercise enough to keep our self fit and fine. This is one the best thread I have read, thank you, I have learned a lot of knowledge in this area.

Swimming is where I think my Visually impairment Is somewhat a bonus, because I don't see when people look at me as if I am some weird creature... And frankly I enjoy swimming way too much to be bothered about what other people think when they see me.

I just wanted to say how amazing you all are for trying. It's not easy being big & the shame we feel can become a prison. I had a personal trainer earlier in the year. He said people look at you when you're big in a gym because they think well done. A few want to tell you how big they used to be , some want yo help but won for fear of embarrassing you. I believe him. Good luck x

Hi Jax
Try not to think too much about the past hun...It's tomorrow that's important.. :) x

Back