• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If you had your op at the Spire Hosp, Manchester

Dawn36

Like a Pheonix
My op is on Friday but as yet I have not received an admission letter, so I have emailed them for admission details. But, I do have a question for those who have had their ops there, did you need to take your own towels? Yes, a silly little thing I know, but as the date grows closer, it is these little details that I find myself worrying about. And if there is anything else you think I need please. I have nightie x 2, dressing gown, slippers, dry mouth spray, pants, baby wipes, lip balm, body lotion, toothbrush etc. iPod will be charged and ready to go. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Hi,
I'm still pre-op so not sure I'm going to be of much use!! Thought this thread might be useful to you though!!!

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-faqs/123002-what-really-your-hospital-bag.html

It's not specific to the Spire but I'm sure there are a few people here who can help fill in any gaps!!!

Good luck hun!!! I look forward to hearing your story when you're feeling up to it!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi I had my op (Gastric Bypass) with the lovely Mr Ammori there. Towels are provided but to be honest they usualy discharge you the next day so I wouldnt take in a load of stuff lol but what you have listed seems fine to me . My op was on the friday at 12.00noon I was then discharged the next day @ 11.00am

My op is on Friday but as yet I have not received an admission letter, so I have emailed them for admission details. But, I do have a question for those who have had their ops there, did you need to take your own towels? Yes, a silly little thing I know, but as the date grows closer, it is these little details that I find myself worrying about. And if there is anything else you think I need please. I have nightie x 2, dressing gown, slippers, dry mouth spray, pants, baby wipes, lip balm, body lotion, toothbrush etc. iPod will be charged and ready to go. Any advice would be really appreciated.
031009aa4-1.gif

Hi, I had mine there. I took loads of stuff that I didnt need. I didnt even need the dressing gown I'd taken. Do take lip balm and moisteriser though that's what I needed the most.

Good luck

xx

Hi, I had mine there. I took loads of stuff that I didnt need. I didnt even need the dressing gown I'd taken. Do take lip balm and moisteriser though that's what I needed the most.

Good luck

xx
thank you for your response and you are so right, I have packed lip balm and body moisturiser. I usually find hospitals to be too hot and this makes my skin very dry.

I had mine at Spire Macclesfield so I have no idea how your one works but please dont go in with going home the next day close to your heart because if for some reason you dont get to go home then you will be disappointed.
I was told to expect a two night stay and so when Mr Li came along and said "you can go home today" on the day after the op my heart soared, felt really good, but the nurses came along and asked me to stay one more night, I had a bit of a temperature and they just wanted to be mega sure that I was ok, I agreed but felt gutted about it, though once I dropped back off to sleep (AAAAAAGAIN!!!) I really didnt mind.
Like I say, all hospitals work differently and you very well may get to go home the next day but go in expecting to stay in for longer and then when you are allowed home sooner it will feel brilliant and if not then at least you were prepared.
Good luck xx
Steph xx

I had mine there aswell and i brought a million things i didnt need, they really look after you so well.

Best of luck xxxxxxxx

I had mine at Spire Macclesfield so I have no idea how your one works but please dont go in with going home the next day close to your heart because if for some reason you dont get to go home then you will be disappointed.
I was told to expect a two night stay and so when Mr Li came along and said "you can go home today" on the day after the op my heart soared, felt really good, but the nurses came along and asked me to stay one more night, I had a bit of a temperature and they just wanted to be mega sure that I was ok, I agreed but felt gutted about it, though once I dropped back off to sleep (AAAAAAGAIN!!!) I really didnt mind.
Like I say, all hospitals work differently and you very well may get to go home the next day but go in expecting to stay in for longer and then when you are allowed home sooner it will feel brilliant and if not then at least you were prepared.
Good luck xx
Steph xx
These are wise words because I had set my heart on a one night stay, but you are so right, I should just wait and see.Thank you for sharing your experience, and if they ask me to stay a second night I know it is for my sake, so I will try to be brave and not cry in public! But I will sulk...

The only thing they didn't provide for me at Spires Manchester was food!

Great place and Mr Ammori is a great surgeon.

U

Back