• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ignorant B.......s!

Big an Bouncy

One of the women at the meeting told us she worked at a well known freezer shop where mums always shop,when she asked the boss(aged 24)if she could hve a new work shirt cos she losy so much weight,he said I paid for your op Im not getting you new shirts too!Wtf is that about!I would of hit him with a frozen chicken,little sxxt!He reckons his tax has paid for her op.Er she works too!And another woman swam in a tee shirt and shorts for 10 weeks at her local pool when some jobs worth asked her what she thought she was doing,she explained about not getting a swim suit in her size and felt more comfy in a tee shirt.He said arnt there shops for people like you.The other women in the pool said they would boycott the pool if he didnt back off.I would be writing strong letters to their bosses! Rant over...:eek:

Stuff the writing strong letters lol I would have been in their faces straight away, then I would have been on the phone :mad:

Some people think that sizeism is ok and its not, its just as hurtful and degrading as racism or sexism..to name but 2.

People should put their brains (what bit they have working) into gear before they start their motormouth. :(

Grrr it really makes me angry. I have been at the wrong end of too many nasty comments over the years and sometimes I can hold my head up and wait til I get home til I sob over it, but BOY it hurts, doesn't it :(
Why do people think overweight people are fair game to be cruel and nasty to?

That is so awful! People say the most hurtful things.

Well I shop in that store so I am going to report him myself.she said he passes comment on the shop floor too.Im going in and saying within earshot 'about time you got new shirts Jane that one is hanging off you"After all if I started working there he wouldnt give me a wrong size shirt ie size 8!!

she should sue her employers for harrassment - money talks after all. once he gets the sack for gross misconduct, he won't be paying for anything other than buses back and forth from the job centre...:D

is it me or is fat-bashing becoming more common place - people seem to think it's ok to ridicule or be-little the obese.

Its cause if you pick on someone who is black or gay or old, you can get prosecuted but if you pick on someone cause of their size - nothing happens! I wrote to the equalities commission for clarification on this and they said I should lobby my MP - if we all did it then maybe we could start the ball rolling with regards to getting the law changed but dont hold your breath.

So why give these ignorant people room on here???? Ignore them it's not worth getting het-up about

If it were me I would go straight to my solicitor, I honestly didn't think people would go on like that and if I didn't get anywhere with a solicitor im sure I would be able to get someone else would sort it out for me!!

I would also contact the HR Department and explain what happened, tell them I needed a new uniform or I would be coming into work in my own clothes, I had to do this with an old boss after I had my son, I hadn't lost all my baby weight (3 months later) and my blouse wouldn't fit he told me I would have to make it fit it wasn't his faultI hadn't lost all my weight so I got straight on the phone to HR and had my new blouse 2 days later, as soon as I mentioned my solicitor HR said they would be putting it straight in the post special delivery and they did.

Tell your friend not be be putting up with this morons attitude, tell her to picture the size of his tiny mickey everytime she see's him and that'll soon put a smile on her face :)

OMG thats the polite version that makes me so mad i'd take him staright down a discrimination route cause that's exactly what it is. You go big and bouncy that's what i would do too. Kate i've always said something similar if a certain part of your anatomy is the size of your brain then you won't be stricking lucky very often lol x

OMG thats the polite version that makes me so mad i'd take him staright down a discrimination route cause that's exactly what it is. You go big and bouncy that's what i would do too. Kate i've always said something similar if a certain part of your anatomy is the size of your brain then you won't be stricking lucky very often lol x

well said hun;)As for ignoring these ignorant twunts, why should we?Fatism's as upsetting as any other personal insult.They need reporting!!:mad::mad:

It isnt suprising that fat bashing is getting worse when a butter/marg advert makes it worse.
One at the moment annoys me because they say slob and show a fat person and also feast and show a fat person eating...it REALLY annoys me.
Why cant they show a thin person slobbing out? When they say feast why cant they show a huge table of food instead of a fat man eating?
They are perpetuating modern stereotypes and is disgusting.
Some people are stupid and conditioning is a very strong thing and them seeing things like that conditions their minds to see lazy and greedy people as fat!
Steph xx

Its cause if you pick on someone who is black or gay or old, you can get prosecuted but if you pick on someone cause of their size - nothing happens! I wrote to the equalities commission for clarification on this and they said I should lobby my MP - if we all did it then maybe we could start the ball rolling with regards to getting the law changed but dont hold your breath.

The press would have a 'fatty field-day', I can't just imagine the headlines... They're the worst of the scum IMHO

TBH I think we are turning into a nation of complainers.

Don't et me wrong it is not nice when you hear such horrible things said about you or to you. But at the end of the day it is only words. Stick up for yourself. Say "I think you'll find that I am entitled to a uniform that fits"

I don't get this, right I am phoning a solicitor culture that we have grown into.

I know it is horrible, I know it is wrong, but the more we stand up for ourselves rather than jumping down the suing route, the more respect we will get. You are more likely to get the result you want that way than going to HR or even a solicitor.

I have had all sort of comments over the years and yes some of them hurt. But, arnt we all a little guilty of making comments about people whether it be for the colour of their hair or their chose of clothes or even the way they look. So, when things have been said to me I really tried to just let them ride over me. I am not giving people the satisfaction of letting them get to me.

So, rather than getting involved (and to be honest making things worse for your friend) I would tell her to request a new shirt again. And if she gets the same comment again tell her to just tell him that she pays her taxes as well and she is entitled to a shirt that fits. If he wont give it to her then she will wear her own clothes that do fit.

One of the women at the meeting told us she worked at a well known freezer shop where mums always shop,when she asked the boss(aged 24)if she could hve a new work shirt cos she losy so much weight,he said I paid for your op Im not getting you new shirts too!Wtf is that about!I would of hit him with a frozen chicken,little sxxt!He reckons his tax has paid for her op.Er she works too!And another woman swam in a tee shirt and shorts for 10 weeks at her local pool when some jobs worth asked her what she thought she was doing,she explained about not getting a swim suit in her size and felt more comfy in a tee shirt.He said arnt there shops for people like you.The other women in the pool said they would boycott the pool if he didnt back off.I would be writing strong letters to their bosses! Rant over...:eek:

Absolutely disgraceful. He should be disciplined!

Disgusting... I cant believe people can be so rude..x

Back