• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm forever blowing bubbles

cah-ching

... ok quite a deceptive title :D

Basically since my hole has increasingly been closed up (my gullet), I am no longer able to burp when I eat. In fact I find it very hard to burp properly at all these days. Instead the wind travels downwards and it collects there for hours... quite painful and discomforting at times as it doesn't travel down far enough (or quickly enough) to go out the other end.

I assume because I'm eating less there is a lot of gas in the 'bottom stomach' which doesn't get displaced by food as it normally would pre-band. Any air in my pouch gets pushed down as I cannot bring it up.

Is this normal? ANyone else suffer with this?

I get bubbles but in my mouth I can literally blow them with my spit ha!!! It normally also means I have eaten too quickly and I am about to be sick!!! But you dont mean those kind of bubbles do you ha!! No windy pops this way sorry

Yes could not have put it better myself. I suffer like you and it can be quite painfull at times and also very embarasing:479: Janey

THank you Janey - Please to know I'm not some freak who's bum could supply a power station.

Yesterday in spin I had what felt like stitch throughout the whole class. Then I did Body COmbat. At the end of the class we do abdominal work and then we stretch.... well luckily the music was blaring because all of a sudden the wind travelled to the launch-pad ready for release -- two humungous critters were released!

I've got wind now .... traveling around my belly. :(

I had band and my life has been a rollacoaster I tell ya!! this is my second time as first band was wide open for 6 months so had to have another op and put it on correctly!!! I have no tips I dont really know how I have lost but I have done no exercise as have bad knees and just try to eat 800 calories a day and now I am eating very little mouthfulls and taking 20 minutes to eat a very small meal I am not being sick anymore and hopefully nearly at 4 stone next week. I am never hungry so that helps but still eat 3 meals a day 1/4 plate protein, 1/4 carbs and rest veg or salad and a 7inch plate!!

I had band and my life has been a rollacoaster I tell ya!! this is my second time as first band was wide open for 6 months so had to have another op and put it on correctly!!! I have no tips I dont really know how I have lost but I have done no exercise as have bad knees and just try to eat 800 calories a day and now I am eating very little mouthfulls and taking 20 minutes to eat a very small meal I am not being sick anymore and hopefully nearly at 4 stone next week. I am never hungry so that helps but still eat 3 meals a day 1/4 plate protein, 1/4 carbs and rest veg or salad and a 7inch plate!!

Aahh I missed this!

Thank you. I'm terribly jealous of you it has to be said. When did you start losing? I mean was it after your second op? Out of interest who was your care provider? and did you have to run the gauntlet just to get the revision? I've lots more questions! In February I was 311Ibs so I have you to aspire to albeit it a much slower loss than yours.

why cant you receive private messages?? I cant answer on here sorry legal stuff and all that!!! I want to be able to do combat and spin and dance etc so dont be jealous of me chick honest yours will work I was just scared to eat I guess so eat very little portions and realise I am full thats it oh and have 8 mils in 10 mil band so pretty full

I can and do burp frequently, not always after eating either!? Sounds like trapped wind CC - not pleasent :sigh: x

I burp a lot...my band is tight too, about 8mil in a 9mil band...I think the stomach gas thing sounds like a logical reason...
It is not my eating speed because I eat slow slow slow and never rush my food any more.

I'm suffering a lot lately - I've got lots of trapped wind at the moment. Not painful but uncomfortable

You do seem a busy girl...I'm not saying a thing about being the energiser gym bunny though....ahem no sirrreeeee

:eek:
I'm single and I don't see friends every day ... in fact I have no friends within a walking distance of me.
I do get down very easily. Some days I struggle to even get out of bed and have a shower.

So the saddo that I am I go to the gym to mix with people and feel part of something. The sense of achievement after a class makes me feel good.
I must admit that last night I slept well and managed to get to sleep before 1am. When I've execrised hard I cannot sleep until about 4am.

I did intend on going to the gym today but decided against it, instead I'm going to the shops to sort out a few things.

ALthough I'm sat in my towel posting on here ..

Aw Cah-Ching hunny!!! Well I am your virtual friend...!! I have no mates ...my mates are my partner (poor devil) and my kids....I just couldn't make any friends when I felt like all the other mums hated me and my kids when they were undiagnosed at mainstream.
I have not been out socially for about 15 years or so because when I got big I was too ashamed to see anyone, and I have only just got brave enough to go out with the family a couple times.
I have sort of been a shut in ever since the boys difficulties really came out so I understand about being lonely xxxx
I'm only teasing about the bunny thing, I really admire your motivation and determination...I wish I could muster a fraction of it !
I just wish you could see some better results for your hard work..but we'll keep working on that! :)

thats it us girls need to arrange a night out!!!! I too am single CC and all my mates are married or in relationships so I get left out of do's as they know I wont want to be the singleton!!! So I dont go out often at all and also get very down but hey we are all going to be slim and happy very soon I can feel it in my waters!!!! I too am your guys virtual friend if you want it of course and if you dont tough I am still going to bother you ha!!! xx

Back