• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm going to be a Bandit !

Hello fellow Bandits !
I have been on and off this board since September 2011, shortly after I saw a surgeons registrar at St.Thomas', London, who said I would be having the Gastric Sleeve....was told Friday at my triple appointment that I am too ''light'' for their criteria for a sleeve and will be having a band in June. I'm 20st 10lbs for goodness sake !
I have to be honest, I felt disappointed at first as have seen a couple of people on TV (Alison from This Morning is one) who have not lost weight at all....am terrified that could be me and it wont help me.

I am hugely grateful to the NHS for offering me the chance to have surgery and will work hard to work with it but, what if.....??????

When you see people on the By-Pass op do so well, I know that has more serious affects on you health but, I just want to get out of my fat suit!

I will try and be a good Bandit !

Welcome. I would suggest you speak to future perfect. She was 26 stones and yes lost a lot of weight pre op but still she had a band and is doing really well. Blue diamond is half her wait now and still losing... bypasser loose a lot of wait very quickly but it does not mean they are more successful in the long run. Have faith in your surgeon expertise and knowledge. Welcome on board xxx

i'm surprised they said you were too light but each hospital have their own criteria :) good luck with it and i'm sure if you follow all the rules as you should then you'll soon be half the person you are now :) take care x

hi,im also getting the band and im very happy with my choice,you will always hear good and bad stories on each type of surgery xx

What can I say other than "I love my band" :)

Welcome to our team of bandits. No WLS surgery is ever 100% guaranteed, but I wish you all the very best on your journey. I was going to say I wish you luck - but its not down to luck, it works best if YOU work with the band - but as myself and many others can testify to, the hard work is DEFINITELY worth it. Prepare yourself for the journey and you WILL be successful :) xxx

Ahhh thanks for the encouragement and words of wisdom ladies, am looking forward to the coming months and weight losses leading to a healthier, happier me. :)

Fab news Jax
not too long to wait and I think you'll do a fab job of managing your band, I can only compare anyone elses success to my friends, it took a good 6-9months to really establish her losses and within 2yrs she's shed 8stone :) xxxx

Welcome to the Banders Jax! I'm still early in the band stage of my weight loss, but am determined to make it work for me. So many others don't get the NHS opportunity and have to fork out '000s so don’t waste it.

Follow the advice of successful banders who are further down the road, such as mazza, flutterby, tranquil, miss hungry, blue diamond and jo and you won’t go far wrong.

Lose as much as you can pre-op, and get yourself into the habits that will help post-op success.

Good luck!

Back