• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is anyone else having surgery at the Alex on December 27th??

grom

Slim for 2009
Just wondered if anyone else is planning surgery at the Alex on December 27th??
:4616::4616:

Don't think there is anyone else in the op dates thread Grom.

Hiya grom! :wavey:
I had my op done there, and the staff are brilliant!! Are you having it done by Mr.Amorri?? If so, he is totally fab!! I am definately in his fan club! He is brilliant, very approachable, easy to talk to, and most imoprtantly a fantastic surgeon!! :D
Good luck!!
:party0011:Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

OOOH i'm excited for ya Grom, but will you be dieting over xmas then?:eek::eek::eek:

OOOH i'm excited for ya Grom, but will you be dieting over xmas then?:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks Candie chuck - how ru?
Fraid so - dieting at Xmas but I'm so excited hopefully won't be too bad and didn't have TOO much planned socially. Don't think it has sunk in properly yet! Still puzzling over what to tell people tho
XXXX

Hiya grom! :wavey:
I had my op done there, and the staff are brilliant!! Are you having it done by Mr.Amorri?? If so, he is totally fab!! I am definately in his fan club! He is brilliant, very approachable, easy to talk to, and most imoprtantly a fantastic surgeon!! :D
Good luck!!
:party0011:Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Thanks Lizzie!
before I met him I was convinced I wanted a band. He didn't try to persuade me one way or another -just gave me the facts and let me make my mind up. Having listened to what he said and asked lots of questions we came away convinced that a bypass was a much better option for me. I was worried about the extra money but hubby said to forget about that and decide what was best for me. (Bless)

How are you doing after your op??

Just wanted to jump in and say I had my Op at the Alexandra 9 days ago and Mr Ammorri is lovely. You really do get looked after properly.
I wish you the best of luck on your new weightloss journey.
Pleased keep us posted.

Just wanted to jump in and say I had my Op at the Alexandra 9 days ago and Mr Ammorri is lovely. You really do get looked after properly.
I wish you the best of luck on your new weightloss journey.
Pleased keep us posted.

Thank you! He did come across as being very approachable! How is life post bypass?? Your weight loss looks amazing - I just can't believe that it will be happening to me soon!!
Keep in touch
:553::553:

OOh didn't realise you were going for a bypass, i'm so pleased for you hun;):D

So you are going for the bypass, I wish you all the luck and love in the world for your op....and have a very Healthy Christmas...

:)

Thanks Lizzie!
before I met him I was convinced I wanted a band. He didn't try to persuade me one way or another -just gave me the facts and let me make my mind up. Having listened to what he said and asked lots of questions we came away convinced that a bypass was a much better option for me. I was worried about the extra money but hubby said to forget about that and decide what was best for me. (Bless)

How are you doing after your op??

I am doing OK, I am just finding it hard to have a lot to eat/drink. Whenever i drink anything, i just feel full up very quickly and now i am getting constipated and might have a water infection. Oh the joys!! lol! :rolleyes:
How are you feeling about your op??
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Am really excited about it but I don't really want to tell anyone about it and that is gonna be REALLY difficult over Christmas ! Once I have sorted myself out about that I will feel more relaxed about it all.

Sorry ur not feeling 100% - how is the weight loss?

xx

Am really excited about it but I don't really want to tell anyone about it and that is gonna be REALLY difficult over Christmas ! Once I have sorted myself out about that I will feel more relaxed about it all.

Sorry ur not feeling 100% - how is the weight loss?

xx

Glad you are feeling excited- after all it is going to be the start of your new life!!
I have only told the people at work and chosen friends and family about it. I have lost 19lbs though so far, which i am really happy about. :D
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi Grom,
I had my band fitted by Dr Ammori and have to say hes the most professional, helpful, kind and caring surgeon/doctor I have ever met. I had total faith in his abilities and expertise. You are in very safe hands and the alex staff are lovely. They treat you with the upmost respect from start to finish. Never will you feel like a pain in the bum with them, nothing is too small for them. They help you with anything and everything. I had a fantastic experience from start to finish. Just waiting for my 1st fill now in Jan. Ive lost 20lbs and am very happy with that. Im already seeing the health benefits.

I wish you all the luck in the world for your op. Take care of yourself. lv R x

Hi Grom,
I had my band fitted by Dr Ammori and have to say hes the most professional, helpful, kind and caring surgeon/doctor I have ever met. I had total faith in his abilities and expertise. You are in very safe hands and the alex staff are lovely. They treat you with the upmost respect from start to finish. Never will you feel like a pain in the bum with them, nothing is too small for them. They help you with anything and everything. I had a fantastic experience from start to finish. Just waiting for my 1st fill now in Jan. Ive lost 20lbs and am very happy with that. Im already seeing the health benefits.

I wish you all the luck in the world for your op. Take care of yourself. lv R x

Thanks for that! :flowers:
I was keen to go with a company that uses the Alex as I used to live near there and know it's a lovely place. I have also heard good things about the lovely Basil and was very impressed with him. Even tho he saw us at 5pm at the end of a long 'open day' he still spent a lot of time with us to make sure we had all the facts for an informed choice. Much to my surprise after hearing all the facts and figures I opted for a bypass rather than a band. He didn't try to persuade me either way - just presented the facts.
Well done on your weight loss. Did you have to do the milk diet??
Will keep you posted
xxxx

Back