• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it constipation?

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
Hi, sorry for the not very pleasant question....

I had my bypass 12 days ago, and I have only produced 1 tiny bit of very soft poo and that was on monday.

I am eating 3-4 small pureed meals a day so there should be SOMETHING there surely? Or is this normal??

Any experience in this area would be great, and if it is constipation what can I eat to shift it (no way I could take lactulose, senna, movicol or docusate so don't even suggest them!!).

I would squeeze some orange juice but I would worry about dumping! (altho that would prob solve the constipation thing haha)

Thanks in advance

Rx

Rose
i'm still suffering i'm lucky if i get to go once a week. It's not advisable to take anything in the first 6 weeks anyway by way of laxatives. Poo can be all colours and all types at this point so nothing to worry about. TPT is our poo expert so i'm sure she or someone else will be along soon. I have started taking Benefibre it' s a tasteless fibre powder which can be disolved in water/juice or just sprinkled on food. I've been taking it for 3 days now ande managed to go today so you could give that a try x

Hi, sorry for the not very pleasant question....

I had my bypass 12 days ago, and I have only produced 1 tiny bit of very soft poo and that was on monday.

I am eating 3-4 small pureed meals a day so there should be SOMETHING there surely? Or is this normal??

Any experience in this area would be great, and if it is constipation what can I eat to shift it (no way I could take lactulose, senna, movicol or docusate so don't even suggest them!!).

I would squeeze some orange juice but I would worry about dumping! (altho that would prob solve the constipation thing haha)

Thanks in advance

Rx

Have you spoke to Colleen?

I was worried at first like you, but please don't worry...it will sort itself out.

xxx

Hi hun - I was getting on for 3 weeks before I went, and it got so bad that I wne to to the docs and he prescribed me movicol, a liquid to drink to help out! Speak to your surgical team as there are things you can take, just dont go taking high street laxatives! Good luck x

Well that's just it, I don't feel the need at all!

I just wonder if this is normal or not.

I will ring the dietician tomorrow

Rx

hi i am 15 days post surgery and having problems in bowel dept. I rang St richards and they told me to get some MIL-PAR for constipation so bought some today will let you know how i get on.

Good luck

I phoned them today and got told to get some syrup of figs but before I sent hubby to the shops it happened!!

Fingers crossed I won't have to wait a week again, they did suggest blending some fruit, any fruit except banana apparently....

Good luck xx

Back