• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is it possible

rainbow27

to stretch your pouch?? i am 9 weeks post op today and i can easily eat a childs portion of anything really and be fine with it, i am now kind of freaking out as i have not lost a single pound for 3 weeks?? have i ruined my op? x

Probably a fear we all have. But they all say we have stalls in weight loss, I am sure you will have a big loss shortly. I worry about my pouch 2 weeks out, I am sure we are both fine though...

From what I have read a stall in weight loss following bypass is completely normal and nothing to worry about.
I was told you can stretch you pouch but unless you have consciously been stuffing food down I don't see how you could have.

I would ask your Surgery team about this, dietician and expected portion size etc. As you eat this children's portion are you feeling full or even a satisfaction level before you finish.

BigDave

Hi rainbow
To stretch the pouch you would have to over eat every meal. When you say child's portion are we talking toddler or child. Can you post a example of what your having on a daily basis ?
Then everyone can help but don't worry even if it's too much we will give you help and support to get back on track x

It takes a few weeks for your inside to heal and settle down!Your body goes into survival mode and thinks there is a famine!Totally normal we all go through it,I did and 6 months later have lost 5.5 st!Maz x

Morning
Thanks for your replies
Yday diet was
Breakfast was one wheetabix & banana with hot milk
Lunch was side plate of stovies which I wasn't full after ( before I would have only managed 1/2 of this.
Tea was a 100% beef burger with cheese & salad & chips (it was at a restaurant) I didn't eat the bun ate my burger first then salad & 5 chips & I felt very full after this.

I would say my portions are child's as in primary school.
I'm just worried cause I see others at the same stage as me & they are still talking in tablespoons of food.. I know everyone is individual & I shouldn't compare Myself to others, but Its hard not to.
I think I will get in touch with team

Thanks again x

Your right chick everyone is different to me that does sound alot for just 9 weeks but that's just me. Hav a word with the team and double check iam 6 months out and at the beginning I think I was scared to eat, if iam honest maybe I still hav that underlying fear. Sure you will be fine xx

Watch eating trigger foods like burger and chips,even small portions.Take some babybels,fridge raiders or nuts out with you while shopping.Maz x

thanks guys oh god i hope ive not ruined it,
tonight i managed the inside of a small baked potato a slice of chicken with a little salad and cheese. im going to do a few soup days i think
xx

I'm sure you are fine love, I too read about people only eating teaspoons and think OMG. I think surely they mean tablespoons but no they mean teaspoons, we are all different, and maybe you have healed faster than them, and are able to tolerate more. I feel fine inside, and can eat loads (albeit sloppy) at two weeks, so you are not alone. soup is probably a good idea though, or light tonight healthy options. Chicken mummmmmm !

Thanks pengina. I was really starting to worry my surgeon did say I have been at the super fast end of the healing side he was really happy With me, another thing I've not been sick once since my op! I've had quite a few moments when I've had food stuck though. But yeah yogurt for brekki & soup for the rest of the day :).. Have a lovely wknd Xx

You're eating lots of slider foods which means they'll go down faster and digest quicker which means you'll be able to eat more. You need to eat more protein.

Compare the amount of food you're eating now to how much you're eating before your surgery. You're eating much less than previously but you can still experience a weight loss stall. I stalled for 3 months post surgery. I was worried I had ruined my pouch but you won't have done as you would definitely feel it if you had, it would mean stretching it overfull at every meal.

Remember to try to stick to a high protein, low carb, low fat diet. The protein will fill you up quicker, keep you fuller longer and will hopefully kick start your weight loss again.

Well said Jax, we need guys and galls like you to reassure us.

And rainbow I haven't been sick either. I just don't feel anything at all. I also although early days feel like it is slow weight loss.

totally agree with penguina, thanks for the reasurance jaxx i have upped my protein and i can feel a difference :) im such a worry wart.. hope youve all had a good wknd xxx

Back