• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it too soon to try Prawns if I chew like mad??

strawberry twig

Is a big loser ;)
Hi There

I had a gastric bypass on 14th Oct 09 (22 days ago.)

Do you think it would be too soon to try a light prawn cocktail if I chew the prawns like mad?? I am trying to increase my protein levels.

I eat blended veg in gravy and mash at the minute or 3 jacobs thins crackers with pate or philadelphia light.

Do you think its too soon to start on prawns etc??

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Last edited:
Hun i have no idea as i am still not done and dusted :( i think u meant u had ur surgery on the 14th October lol not Novemebr:)
Am sure some of the experienced crew will be along soon to help ya, take care hun xxx

Hiya,

I had mine on the 10th Oct and I had prawns on Monday (26 days later) and was absolutely fine. I did chew them really well and just had a couple to make sure it was fine. They were fab!!
x

Heya twig

Im sure its fine, not had any myself yet but im only 2 weeks post op.........I think PG (Nic) has a prawn recipe in the sloppies thread in recipes you might be interested in

Enjoy Xx

I nicked one of my son's tiger prawns about a week and a half ago. Took tiny bites and chewed like mad. It was fine so I had another one! Mxx

Ive tried prawns twice now and they made me sick as a dog both times. I really should try them again now as I need to work on my protein levels too. x

Thanks for your replies

I tried them, chewed like mad and they went down lovely......for about 20-30 mins then I was over the sink spitting like mad for nearly 2 hours :eek::eek::eek:.

No more prawns for me for a while lol.

give em another try in a couple of weeks ST x

i had them twice post-op after a couple of months and really struggled with them, its now only that im 6months post-op that i can eat and enjoy them, now they taste fab especially with thousand island!!!

Oh no I was just ready to try some lol sorry they never went down properly luv but I'm defo havin some crackers I can't believe your havin crackers aint you still supposed to be on soft?

Oh no I was just ready to try some lol sorry they never went down properly luv but I'm defo havin some crackers I can't believe your havin crackers aint you still supposed to be on soft?

Crackers are fine as long as you chew them to mush before you swallow. You wont manage more than 1 the first time anyway and its a good way to get some protein in if you put hoummus or pate or cream cheese on top.

Enjoy!

Well yeah but if you have like pate or philadelphia on em and chew like mad they go down really well. The savoury thins are better than normal jacobs. They melt in the mouth better. :D

Ooh sorry about the prawns!! I tried rice with a tiny bit of blackbean sauce last night and was vvvv-sicky - not nice!

x

Ooh sorry about the prawns!! I tried rice with a tiny bit of blackbean sauce last night and was vvvv-sicky - not nice!

x

Oh no sorry to hear that :(. It's just trial and error isn't it. I wanna try stuff but its scary. I'l leave the rice for a bit too then hehe

Yeah I'm going to leave it for a couple of weeks. It didnt help that we were in a restaurant too... I had to run outside leaving OH sat there with his dinner :(

Then he had to drive me home with me wretching in a handy carrier bag - not my finest hour :D
x

Yeah I'm going to leave it for a couple of weeks. It didnt help that we were in a restaurant too... I had to run outside leaving OH sat there with his dinner :(

Then he had to drive me home with me wretching in a handy carrier bag - not my finest hour :D
x

Oh you poor thing. Its bad enough feeling like that in your own home, but to have feel like that in public and then have to suffer a car journey home. I hope your feeling better today.

Yeah after about an hour it was like something stuck had sorted itself out and I was right as rain. I'm going to take things a bit slower now and be a little bit less brave.

Back