• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is there an injection to 'melt away' fat?

AmandaJayne

I'm sure I saw a daytime programme a few years ago where they injected some substance into the area underneath some woman's chin and a few hours later the fat had dissapated leaving her without a double chin.

Was I dreaming? Does such a procedure exist? Can it be used all over the body?

I'm just asking because I have been reading about fat cells. The more overweight you are, the more they grow and when they cannot grow any more, they multiply. But when you lose alot of weight, they don't disappear, just deflate (like a balloon). I know I've got alot of extra fat cells which will soon be redundant, how can I get rid of them permanently?

Liposuction/liposculpture sounds horrid but is an alternative - who'e had it done and been happy with the results?

Hiya Amanda
Years ago I went to this doctor who gave out diet pills and you could also have this injection which was meant to break down the fat - not sure if it worked or not - someone recently told me she went with her sister, one of them ,(can't remember which one it was lol) had the injection and the other didnt and the one who didn't lost more! So so much for that theory:eek: Have no idea what was actually in the injection - could've been water for al I knew! Anyway it obv didnt work coz I wouldnt have put all the weight back on!!

I remember being told about the fat cells that they are always there waiting to fill up - once you hold the weight off for a year - you may be ok. I did hold off the 10 -12 stones for 18months but lost the plot earlier this year and have put on about 4 stone - but will be pulling back before it gets any more...

Not sure if that was any help to you at all lol

Hopefuly someone else will be able to tell you about it :)

Thanks for your reply Geri. Firstly, you lost over ten stone and have kept it off for a year? What an achievement! Fabulous!

What has happened to start you putting it back on? How will you stop? Is it complacency? I'm still trying to lose all mine - I haven't had time to be complacent yet!

I did a search and found the reference to the fat dissolving injection. It was on This Morning a year or so ago. It's only for small stubborn areas like the chin or knees. However, it has not been approved in the UK so doctors cannot get insurance and have had to stop doing them.

Hiya Amanda
glad you managed to find what you were looking for :D

I lost the 10 stone and messing about - on/off, on/off managed to loose a further 2 stone - but kept messing about losing that 2 stone - but so long as i was still at the 10 stone off i was fairly happy - so spose it was about 18months i kept the 10 off - but since last march have really sodded about - first of all complacency and then i dont know what really!!

Still determined that i will get back into the swing of things soon:D

These diets are soo fast - you'll soon have all yours off - so long as you stick to the rules :)

when are you starting??

I've been doing Lighterlife for just about exactly four months now, with some success. I'll just keep on doing it until I get to where I want!

This is now approved - its called mesotherapy and I understand it is available in Edinburgh .....

Next minimins meetup in Edinburgh, girls :D

Back