• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's only just begun... Noob Alert!

cherryvenom

Afternoon!

It's always so hard introducing yourself when you aren't sure of your audience!!

Hi everyone! I'm Leah and after two years of waiting I have my date!!! :talk017: Wooooo!

I'm just getting myself prepared for the pre-op diet and wondering what people can tell me about the meal replacement plan?

I've had a wander around Boots and Holland and Barrett pondering what the best choices would be and what I'm aiming for?
Three shakes a day? 800cals worth of shakes? Meal replacement bars?

Also what brands are a No-no and which did people find good?

I'm swaying towards Celebrity Slim soups and Phd Woman Meal Replacement and maybe a few Slim Fast ready made shakes.

Any info would be brilliant!
Excited to be here!

Lots of love,
Leah <3

Welcome to the forum, no need to worry you'll feel right at home in no time, lots of really friendly people.

Cant help with your question my pre op diet was simply 10 days of 3 litres milk a day, 2 yoghurts, a portion of fruit and a plate of homemade veg soup with no rice, lentils or barley.

Good luck !

Hi I've not done the pre op diet yet but Asda own brand shakes done with ice in a blender taste lovely lol like a maccy d thick shake and a hell of a lot cheaper than the 'brands' and 200 cals, also Aldi have started selling fresh skinny soups 600ml 85p and the Thai carrot is absolutely stunning only 180 calories!!! Thick and creamy ? good luck!!!

Definitely looking into a proper blender!

If it tastes like a Maccy D's shake i'd die! Mmmm!

Really? 85p? That's nuts!

I'm guessing see as long as its under 200cals any cup a soup would do ?
I read somewhere about keeping carbs down to 70g as well but god knows where!

Thanks for the insight Jen! How far are you in the process?

xx

hello cherry
I was given an option of the milk diet
the meal replacement diet
1000 low calorie diet
I went for the low cal as its real food and I couldn't face milk for every meal for 4 weeks!
haven't your team given you a plan ?do also check the sugar levels on those replacement meals just make sure it works for you when on your pre op diet
very good luck

I've got appointment to see the surgeon on the 12th so keeping positive lol, the soup is ridiculously good and for 85p worth a try it's in the fridge section as for the shake I've only tried the strawberry flavour which I loved so couldn't comment on the others xxx

The team have given me loads of bits to read through and then it's up to me which can I prefer.
Luckily for me I love milk and especially when it's like a latte flavour! Mmmm!

I will have to check the sugar on them but I plan to talk to my dietician tomorrow and get some guidelines.

Ooh the 12th is soon Jen!
I might buy them even for normal shopping for 85p haha!

Hi cherry and welcome, I had give options but chose the real food option as it felt more normal to me, I lost just under a stone in the four weeks with the pre op. It's what's the easiest for you to stick to and works in with your life style. Good luck on what ever you choose .

Thanks mouse!

I've been in touch with my dietician today who has told me the only restrictions I have to look out for is 80g of carbohydrates a day if I choose meal replacement shakes.

Now I just have to get myself some chewable multivitamins for pre and post op, a shake bottle and a blender!

Everything's coming around so quickly!
I also have a job interview tomorrow and if I'm offered the job I will start a week before my surgery.
I'm hoping this doesn't affect their opinion in hiring me !

Thanks mouse!

After speaking to my dietician today she's told me there are no limits on which meal replacement product I use as long as I have 800 calories a day and stick to 80g of carbohydrates.

I'll be popping into Boots soon to figure out which I fancy best and also getting my chewable multivitamins all ready to start on the 9th.
I might get a blender too! Heaven knows I'll be needing it!

Congratulations on getting your date, Cherry! You must be so excited! :D good luck with your pre-op diet!

Congratulations on getting your date through. The time will fly now! Like others have said, just keep an eye on the sugar levels of the meal replacement shakes :)

Oh yes watch the sugar. Are you having a band or bypass I haven't read all you posts. I suffered with slim fast so be aware of all sugars. Take care

I haven't been advised at all on sugars?!
Im planning on going for a mix of slim fast readymade shakes, a powdered shake called PhD woman and a celebrity slim soup?

I'm having a sleeve.
Thankyou everyone for your congratulations ! :D x

Just had a check and based on:
1slimfast ready made shake
1 55g serving of PhD woman strawberry delight
1 celebrity slim soup
And
210ml of skimmed milk is 47g of sugar? Is that too much ?

I've been so busy concentrating on having under 80g of carbohydrates. My dietician didn't bring sugars up at all !! :eek:

You just need to be aware of hidden sugars eg in fruit one of my mistakes, thought I was going the right thing but I was overdoing it by making suer I was eating plenty of fruit .

Congratulations on getting your date. Good luck with the liver reducing diet and the job interview, keep on posting. Isn't life good!!

Job interview was a bit sucky.
As soon as I told her I had to take some time off for a surgery I've been waiting for for two years and she was just like "Hmmm ... Okay"

Slightly disappointing but surgery is gonna be a big enough change! Screw them if they don't want me for bettering my life!

I've just bought a nutribullet and I'm so excited!

I'm actually planning my "last meal" so to say. My wonderful boyfriend and parents have decided to take me out for Mexican food on the Saturday before I start my pre-op diet Monday 9th!

I'm feeling a bit odd lately. It hasn't helped that I suddenly developed a cold on Sunday afternoon.
With the stress of job interview and the nervous excitement of surgery I'm feeling all over the placeb I hope it passes haha

Good luck, I had 4 ready made slim fasts one day and then the next day I did the food option then back to slim fast and so on, it worked for me!

Thanks niccie!

I just need to pick up my multivitamins and a 2 litre water bottle and I'll be prepared! I can't wait to be honest, I expect it's gonna be harder than I'm imagining though haha!

Back