• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've discovered something not nice about myself

slimmerkay

When I moan and complain "There's nothing in this house I can eat anymore" ... what I really mean is ....

"There's nothing in this house I can snack on and pick at."

Snacking was a bad habit I was desperate to ditch and now I'm grieving for it :eek:

I'm a hopeless case :sigh:

PS As for having nothing to eat that's rubbish now anyway. I have now tried corned beef hash, shepherd's pie and fish pie and all went down well and have small portions of all stored in the freezer.

oooh I remember that feeling well Kay. Very annoying you feel a bit deprived. I will say that it will pass and you will get used to not sneaking in the fridge but it takes time.

Aw Karen, I think most of us go through this either as a natural progression or when faced with an emotional crisis. Its hard at first but you do come up with alternatives. Glad you have managed your meals x

Hi Karen,

It has to be a shock to the system and an absolute bigger shock to the family too... but I think you are really doing well Karen... it's been only a few weeks and you are really getting your head around it...

Apart from saving loads on you snack bill, you are also going to look absolutely terrific... I can't wait until I am not longer a slave to food...

I'm getting in training now to get into smaller meals... and it's working... I shall soon be joining you girls and we'll be planning that girlie weekend away at the health spa ... I'm dreaming of the day...

Well done so far and glad you are getting some nutrition with you meals Karen... love and hugs xxx

Karen its killing me if the truth be told, my meals where never that bad 3 quite healthy ones a day, but the picking oh 24/7 i miss it terribly :cry:

Hi Em, I learn so much from you Angel... what sort of things to you have at hand to pick on... and what are the recommended things to snack on...?

Love to you and do hope you are feeling better precious xxx

Dietician told me to pick on the mini packs of wafer thin ham/chicken you can buy in the supermarkets (70gm packs), baby bel cheeses and things like splendips or a few melba toasts with cottage cheese on. Have stocked up on all these and now dont feel too deprived as just a little bit of any of these makes me feel like I have satisfied my 'head hunger'. It is odd tho as I am not actually hungry as such - it is just force of habit! Think as long as the 'snacks' are reasonably healthy and mainly protein based it is ok!

It takes all my devotion and willpower not to snack!

I didn't even realize what a snacker I was!

I am very strict with snacking, as I know - one is never enough for me!

I am deffinately a snacker, well was....not much to snack on when your on liquids lol. Its a habit I need to break for sure X

I have bought some diabetic suckable sweets from Boots. If I have the urge to go and find food I now suck a sweet (limited to three per day!) Have a bag of mint humbugs, chewable toffees and aniseed twists. Just think that three sweets of the no sugar variety must be better than raiding the fridge several times a day!

I am fine when I am working or at the yard with the horses - I am worst when I am on the computer!!! Perhaps there is a moral in this . . . . . eeeeekk

Im ok when Im on the computer, its when I sit down to watch TV or DVD that I want to snack as I always did it before. It was always ........dvd, snacks, drinks........watch dvd :D Oh things will have to change !! X

Back