• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

know ones knows the misery of a fat person unles you have been fat yourself

terrybee

I am Terry, just reached 60, been overweight all my adult life, been on every diet possible, been weight watcher of the week, slimming world monthly winner, danced at rosemary connolys, and I am still 26 stone.
July this year I was refered to Salford Royal for tests for gastric band surgery, all the tests went well, except for the fact I was diagnosed with sleep apnoea, that is now in hand by way of wearing a sleep mask each night.
after my last consultation I was told I was being refered to the surgeon who would discuss the surgery and that I had been awarded full funding. I have been refered to Manchester Royal hospital for the 'op', that was 10 weeks ago and as yet no appointment.....very frustrating.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to minimins. The hard part is over, getting referred and funding approval. I know it is frustrating to wait, perhaps you could give your GP a call and they can check on your appointment for you? Congrats on getting this far, there are lots of people on here in the same boat (waiting to see the surgeon) so don't dispare. Probabaly one will post here shortly!

Best of luck with your quest for a band, I had the bypass myself so I don't have much advice for the actual surgery but I did play the waiting game so, chin up. Your surgery is probably just around the way.

Take care.;)

Hey there Terry, welcome to minimins..!
Im not a SWL person, but theres loads of them on here and you've come to just the right place cos i happen to know they're all lovely.. I can totally understand your frustration, but it will happen and when it does you will just feel great..
Cat x x

it shouldnt be too long for your appointment as pg said you got the funding which can take forever, if you know what hospital you have been reffered to why not give them a call and ask them for advice that what i did or you can phone the gp and see when the refferal was sent and maybe try in the new year if you haven't heard anything. hope this helps

Terry nice to see you back again i responded to yr priganal post and you never came back. Thought i has said something. lol
If i were you i would give the manchester royal hospital a call. Were you refered by Dr new at hope if you were give his secretary a call and ask her if she can cast any light shes very nice and will help you if she can.
take care
hc

hello I have no help for you but just wanted to say well done your over half way there. xx

Hi Chick and welcome to minis, like phatgirl said the hard part is over and you will have your surgery before you know it...xx

Hi Terry and welcome to the forum

Manchester Royal infirmary - thats Basil Ammori's territory - you may be lucky and be in the hands of the Master !

Back