• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

L & D???

Vikki1012

hi anyone have the bypass op done at the L & D hospitsl in luton? im due to go in for my bypass next thursday X

Yup, quite a few of us in fact :) Myself included.

how did u both find the experiance, im really struggling with the milk diet this time round!
who did ur ops?

If you want to read through my diary feel free, but ultimately, although the first month was difficult, 7 months out, I am over 10 stone down, healthier and happier with no regrets. Mr Whitelaw was my surgeon :)

I found the second milk diet a struggle so they swapped me to very low calories protein diet
which was much better, I was plagued with constipation so I told them and they changed it over.

My Surgeon was Mr Jain and he is a wonderful man!!

I am now six months out, 2 lbs short of 8 stones lost and a different person.

The care I have received at the hospital has been fantastic, I am back next Thursday for my 6 month check, all the staff hav been fantastic and supportive, on the end of the phone if you need them. The ward was fine although I was in during the hot summer and it boiling (must of been the one hot week of the summer)

I don't regret having the op and I am pleased I was at L and D!!!

I wouldn't do it without their advice as you can be refused surgery if you do not shrink your liver.

I negotiated it with them when I went in for the last check before the operation. They gave me a different diet, but like Yve says you should sort that out as early as possible as I did that for three weeks. On the first milk diet I had really bad constipation that I am now paranoid about it. make sure I have enough roughage in my diet now.

My liver was 'beautifully small' in the words of my surgeon!!!

I was at L&D Too ! Mr Jain was my surgeon and he is a top man :)
I've lost a total of 7.5 stone..5stone since June 20th.
You will not believe the difference it makes to your life in such a short time...By far the best thing i've ever done :D

Take it easy early on,get your fluids in and it'll all be fine.
Best wishes and let us know how you get on
Take care
Andy x

how long did u guys find the recovery was?
my op is on the 29th of nov and hubby goes bk to work on the 7th december, a week after my op, so im gonna have to go bk to doing the school runs on that friday!

I was told no driving for two weeks, so I did't. I didn't have any pain it was mainly tiredness caused by the op and the lack of food, I didn't really get back to normal for about six weeks, although I wasn't ill or anything, I was very careful not to overdo it and set myself back.

I drove gingerly 5 days post op and wasn't really ready, but it was a hailstorm and no way was I letting my partner and daughter walk home in that. However, this was not really ideal. drove again 10 days post op and this was fine.

the school is eaisyer to walk to than to drive too, and wont be tempted to drive coz tax runs out the end of the month so gonna scorn the car for Dec to save some money, im more worried about having to push the buggy!
Hello peterborough Guy, how did u get on there??

the school is eaisyer to walk to than to drive too, and wont be tempted to drive coz tax runs out the end of the month so gonna scorn the car for Dec to save some money, im more worried about having to push the buggy!
Hello peterborough Guy, how did u get on there??

I cant sing there praise enough pre op and during the operation stage. They really did help me. However I found there post op support non existant, which was very disappointing.

But that said, I am still 12.5 stone lighter and almost two years out now, so they have done me proud.

I cant sing there praise enough pre op and during the operation stage. They really did help me. However I found there post op support non existant, which was very disappointing.

But that said, I am still 12.5 stone lighter and almost two years out now, so they have done me proud.

have to say u r not the first person to say that about the aftercare!!

Back