• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Laser Hair Removal this morning.

Laura.

I have just had my first full session earlier this morning after a test patch last week, ouch it feels like I have scalding water all over the area it's all red and bumpy too.
I have booked 6 sessions and I'm really hoping it works as I have had IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) in the past with not much improvement after spending almost a thousand pounds on it:mad:.
Has anyone had laser hair removal, does it work well ect?
Think I'm going to rub ice cubes over it all now!:(

No I had no idea I could have it done on the NHS the last time I spoke to my doctors about it was years ago and they weren't very helpful.
The nurse who is doing it has given me a very good deal of 6 sessions for £288 because although the area I'm having it on is supposed to be almost £700 the hair is patchy so she has kindly tailored a package to suit me.
The burning has stopped now thank goodness, no pain no gain eh?!
What with losing the weight it's something that has been getting me down so much I just hope I am finally hair free at some point soon.
Thanks for your reply Margaret.

Hiya hun - I have had 3 sessions of LHR and found no difference! It wrked at first, but now they are back anbd stronger than ever. I know you need to keep up with the treatments but they are sooooo expensive!
Anyway, now you have paid upfront and are havinf more sessions than me, keep me updated! I should shave once a day, but I dont as I always plan to get it waxed! Then it gets so long and people notice, so I shave it off in horror!

Sal xx

Hi I had my first session last Friday. I'm a bit bemused at the moment as I was told to shave before and not pluck or anything after but it seems like the hairs have stopped growing (or growing extremely slowly) and I have a very small bristles on my chin. Hard to shave without nicking your face!! I guess I expected to walk out with the hair gone and just to wait for the next growth.

Totally agree with it getting you down though.

Hi

I have been having laser hair removal for about 3 1/2 years now. I think I have had 16 sessions to date. I have PCOS and have noticed an amazing difference. I had photos taken at the start and the change is incredible.

I think that the laser used is a ruby alexander laser (?).

To be fair it took a while for there to be an improvement but I now have app'ts 3 - 4 months apart and sometimes have to cancel them because there is not enough growth (for me that is amazing when previously I would have to wax/tweezer on a daily basis).

I would therefore really encourage you to persist. I know that other patients at the clinic are similarly impressed.

Good luck!

x

Hi

I have been having laser hair removal for about 3 1/2 years now. I think I have had 16 sessions to date. I have PCOS and have noticed an amazing difference. I had photos taken at the start and the change is incredible.

I think that the laser used is a ruby alexander laser (?).

To be fair it took a while for there to be an improvement but I now have app'ts 3 - 4 months apart and sometimes have to cancel them because there is not enough growth (for me that is amazing when previously I would have to wax/tweezer on a daily basis).

I would therefore really encourage you to persist. I know that other patients at the clinic are similarly impressed.

Good luck!

x

Oh thats good feedback! Can I ask how much you pay? Or do you get any NHS discounts etc?
Sally x

Hi

It's NHS funded at Salisbury Hospital. They do also take private patients too. I think that new NHS referrals are limited to 6 sessions.

It's bizarre that my PCT will fund this on the basis that I have PCOS but would not fund my WLS!

All the best
x

Hi has anyone brought one of those ipl machines. i brought the boots one but took it back without using it as phoned their enquires as it stated not to be used with pcos, after birth, breast-feeding, after first period and the list goes on with a few more reasons why i couldn't use it just now. the woman was a bit funny about it but i told her what they said she was ok then. at £300 i wasnt going to chance the warrenty would be out before i used it.

xx

I would love to have something like this. Maybe after hubby gets the shock of the bypass out of his system.

Is hair a big problem for us ladies, I'm not talking normal underarm and leg hair by the way:( I don't have PCOS or any hormone imbalances supposedly..... noone in my family have any "problems" and I'm naturally quite fair.

Is hair a big problem for us ladies, I'm not talking normal underarm and leg hair by the way:( I don't have PCOS or any hormone imbalances supposedly..... noone in my family have any "problems" and I'm naturally quite fair.

Oh yes for me epspecially i used to say my bikini line started under my nose and went down to my toes.

I spent over £1000 ten years ago on laser treatment (oh the smell of that burning hair) and the initial results were really good but i have a patch under my chin that has come back with vengence that i keep having waxed but am considering when i can afford to going and having another few sessions on it.

Hi Saski

I havehad this done to face, underarm, legs and arms and it has been very successful. I would say the face took the longest to go at least 12-14 sessions but she told me that at the beginning. The rest was dealt with quite quickly. Its 5 years now since I had my face done,odd hairs have come back but she does them and they're gone. The rest has never reappeared.

Hope yours goes well

M

I have pcos and it gets me soo down, I pluck daily and dread that someone knocks on teh door earlier than i get to do this !!!
I went to gp (have been a few times) and have vanique cream but it does nothing, i thought it was working for teh first month but no, its back and back worse.
my hubby says he doesnt notice nor did he notice i weiged over 20 stone !!!
i will look into this after my band, dont want to ask for the world x

also i feel when i am talking to people are they looking at my face or chin !

I have pcos and it gets me soo down, I pluck daily and dread that someone knocks on teh door earlier than i get to do this !!!
I went to gp (have been a few times) and have vanique cream but it does nothing, i thought it was working for teh first month but no, its back and back worse.
my hubby says he doesnt notice nor did he notice i weiged over 20 stone !!!
i will look into this after my band, dont want to ask for the world x

also i feel when i am talking to people are they looking at my face or chin !

I totally get what you're saying, and now i'm out of my long term relationship, its stopping me forming any new ones - I don't want them to know I'm a freak!!!

I also know how you feel when i'm talking to people. I even couldn't cuddle my own children or my nieces and nephews when they got to a certain age cos I know children would just say 'oh you have a beard' and I'd feel ashamed.

Horrible emotions :cry:

I pluck really well LOL
so no one has ever commented but I see it so why doesnt everyone else.
My eldest who is 7 commented on her great nanna (my hubbys nanna) about her beard and I thought omg I am goint o be compared to a 93 year old soon.

xxxxxxxx

Just wanted to resurrect this thread and say I have now had 3 sessions and it really has worked amazingly well for me I have 3 more to go.
IPL was such a waste of time and money for me but this is something else WOW WOW WOW
I would recommend to anyone, just make sure you get a free test patch and that it's done by specially trained nurses.

OMG this forum is amazing, almost every thread feels like its been written just for me, i thought i was the only women who had this problem and have never dared discuss it with anybody.
Many years ago, perhaps 20 i had electrolysis and it was torture, i only went once and never went back. I shave daily sometimes twice daily and honestly think if i could have 1 wish it wouldnt be to lose the weight it would be to lose the hair.
It really is great to be able to share this.
Does anybody know if Salford do laser treatment on the NHS ?

Thanks for the update Laura

I was told it wouldnt work for me as Im too fair. All of my hairs are very fine and very light blond but noticed you are a blondey too (my hair is dyed in my pic), so...............what do you think?

Back