• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lessons you learn post op

tpt

Uber geek
Ok - so last few mornings I have had severe belly pain preventing me from consuming anything but sips of liquid till lunch-time, and indeed rendering me to the loo for some time! Couldn't figure it out. Aha - tummy fine this morn, had usual 1st thing cup of tea, Forceval & fast-tab, as soon as I had the Forceval the pain started.

So - I have learnt that taking my vits on a very empty tummy 1st thing in the morning does not produce pleasent results so will in future take it later with my dinner.

What have you learnt (the hard way)? :D:D;)

my biggest lesson is one i still nearly a year on have to relearn is eating slowly every so often i forget if im in a rush and gulp something down to quickly and suffer for it

Those forceval tabs are a nightmare:(I can only have mine on a full stomach too:D

As a bander, I would say my biggest lesson that I've only learnt in the last month or so is that I can't eat junk or get by on easy to digest unhealhty foods just because I can't tolerate some of the healthier choices (eg any bread, cereals, spuds , pasta etc) I have learnt the hard way to find heallthy choices and not think just because I have a band it will work all by itself .
I have learnt to pay attention to what works for others on here and be open to ideas. Since I started making a much bigger effort eg where I can't eat fruit I now eat more veg and protein etc , I have found my loss has speeded up again.
Biggest lesson? Don't try and adapt or cheat the band to justify eating cr*p.

these kids of threads are really useful to pre oppers so please post any leasons you've learned to help us out. thanks xxx

The lesson I learnt was don't put your Canderel in a jar next to the sugar jar. It causes pretty rotten dumping if you use the wrong one by mistake..lol

The lesson I learnt was don't put your Canderel in a jar next to the sugar jar. It causes pretty rotten dumping if you use the wrong one by mistake..lol

lol sorry Bonita but makes me laugh every time :D reminds me of something my hubby would do then blame me for putting it there in the first place lol

my biggest lesson is one i still nearly a year on have to relearn is eating slowly every so often i forget if im in a rush and gulp something down to quickly and suffer for it

Yup - that one too - I like to gulp not sip and I forget - only momentarily as the feeling of having swallowed one's tongue follows shorty afterwards for about 3 seconds which reminds me not to gulp the next mouthful.

ive had the same prob with the forceval ,and gulping drinks ending up having to spit some out you would think i should have learnt by now xxxx

Don't try and force in that next bite. It won't fit.

As a bander I have those huge vitamin pills with a cup of tea in order to try and melt them before they get trapped.

1. If you have trapped wind, GET UP AND MOVE AROUND, it does wonders and is so simple it is silly, suffered with it early days and didn't need to!

2. Don't taste test while cooking, with our tiny pouches they are full long before dinner is even on the table if you test as you go.

3. Never try to re-heat scrambled eggs, maybe that is a no-brainer but yuck, and ewww!

4. Only use products that are full of flavour and good ingredients, the less volume that goes in, the more the quality matters. You have to really like something if you are willing to chew it 20 times!

1. If you have trapped wind, GET UP AND MOVE AROUND, it does wonders and is so simple it is silly, suffered with it early days and didn't need to!

2. Don't taste test while cooking, with our tiny pouches they are full long before dinner is even on the table if you test as you go.

3. Never try to re-heat scrambled eggs, maybe that is a no-brainer but yuck, and ewww!

4. Only use products that are full of flavour and good ingredients, the less volume that goes in, the more the quality matters. You have to really like something if you are willing to chew it 20 times!

Good ones there everyone. PG -lol I guess you didnt read the egg one somewhere, Im thinking you might have found that out by yourself pmsl.
Its great to read them so I know what not to do, but sods law is I will forget and i will pay the price at least once lol:D

To chew completely before I swallow, to take a drink 15 mins before my meal as I always get thirsty during it, to not gulp juice........thats all I can think of so far

2. Don't taste test while cooking, with our tiny pouches they are full long before dinner is even on the table if you test as you go.QUOTE]

This really is a hard lesson to learn. I love to cook, andneed to taste for flavour as I go along - we do really need to just allow the smallest amount in our mouthes in order to get the seaoning correct. x x

Back