• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life insurance... when will I be able to get me some?!!!

LadyLumps

Hi ladies and gents!

I'm snuffling about for your experiences with life cover, life insurance, life assurance, whatever you call it, I can't get it at the moment.

I'm guessing many are in the same boat.

It seems there is some BMI magic number after which companies are willing to insure you (even if it's for a higher amount due to a higher BMI than usual.

I'm wondering what it is. I was hoping it was under 50 but having just applied again after dropping below this, it doesn't seem to be the case

(also - sorry I haven't posted in a while! Hope you're all well)

Cheers in advance! :)

emmahc1975

If not thought about telling my life insurance (or dead insurance as it should be called!) might save s bit of money as I'm less likely to die now I'm only overweight
I'll let you know what happens

LadyLumps

Haha yes it should be called dead insurance! Good luck, hope you can save a few pennies. That's another perk of WLS - at least I know I can get it eventually if all goes well :)

sundown

I got life insurance without issue at £18 a month to cover for £150,000. Can't for the life of me remember who I got it through at the moment (I'll have a root around), but I have to admit I'm about to cancel it as my employer suddenly let me know that they'd previously forgot to tell me that life insurance was one of our employee benefits. Ooops!