• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Link between Bypass and suicide???

Hi Meggie
Any body can suffer from depression at any time Doctors , nurses , bankers , teachers and young ones and older people . And yes I have suffered with it for many years . I know surgery isn't a magic wand and its not going to take it away but hopefully I feel better in myself . I`v know a few people that has taken their own life and a lot of the were under 25 years of age which is awful sad because they had everything to live for . Take care .
Margaret xx

I too have suffered from depression on and off for years and at one point have been as low as it gets (not weight related) so i'm not sure about the figures cause as Margaret has said depression is'nt specific to people who have weight problems it can strike anytime to anyone. Would be interesting to find out more from Mr Sufi given that his article has sparked a discussion on here x

accidents increase as Karlos and others have said because after bypass patients tend to leave the safety of their armchairs and start to do things like bike riding,jogging etc. but do not underestimate the fact that accidents and suicides are grouped together because they can sometimes be hard to distinguish one from the other.
My surgeon told me that if once i had my band in two years time i get hit by a bus, i would still have to be recorded as a death related to wls.
some stats can be very misleading. For example my hip to waist ratio reads like that of a glamour model!

Back