• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Liquid Diet Soup & Yougurt !!! Day 1

dickiewickie

Im a shamed to say I'm finding this difficult already and it;s only 14:51 pm
I need some postive injection to keep me going (really I have no choice) ..... GS is booked for the 25th January so nearly there. Lol xxx elp!!!

Current weight 18st 4lb
BMI 42
Surgery Gastric sleeve
Surgeon Mr Reddy St Anthony- Cheam
Funding NHS
Referred Oct 2013
Accepted 29th Nov 2013

dickiewickie

Im a shamed to say I'm finding this difficult already and it;s only 14:51 pm
I need some postive injection to keep me going (really I have no choice) ..... GS is booked for the 25th January so nearly there. Lol xxx elp!!!

Current weight 18st 4lb
BMI 42
Surgery Gastric sleeve
Surgeon Mr Reddy St Anthony- Cheam
Funding NHS
Referred Oct 2013
Accepted 29th Nov 2013

10 days to go broken pre op,
I've been battling all day on this liquid diet, and I've given in and eaten some chocolate ..... Didn't even enjoy it raked with guilt right now *** oh well I guess tomorrow s another day . I hope they don't turn me away on the 25th!!! I'll die if they did .... They won't will they?

Paula Garner

Tomorrow is one less day you have to shrink your liver. You really must try your hardest to stick to it. Imagine waking up and finding out that they were unable to operate, as your liver was still too big?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you can't stick to something for 10 days, how are you going to stick to all of the changes for life post op?

dickiewickie

Tomorrow is one less day you have to shrink your liver. You really must try your hardest to stick to it. Imagine waking up and finding out that they were unable to operate, as your liver was still too big?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you can't stick to something for 10 days, how are you going to stick to all of the changes for life post op?

So true Thankyou!

slimpip

You're having yours 3 days before me! I'm end of day 5 now and only struggled with days 1 and 2 but only with mild tummy grumbles. I daren't even look at any type of food just for the reason that Paula mentioned, I can't think of anything worse than going through everything we have to be turned away!!! Stick to the diet like glue, you won't regret it :) xx

dickiewickie

Freeze the yogurt it takes longer to eat and might help x

Thankyou, Wendy. Not doing too bad today I'm a lot more positive , stronger than previously. I suppose it was some of the stern responses I recieved .... And needed ! Plus time is drawing closer and it would be silly to jeopardize such a golden opportunity it get my life back once and for all... So a heartfelt Thankyou to you all your such amazing people
Xx

Yvessa

Good for you :) Sounds like you're doing really well - its definitely not easy! Keep going hun!

Beegee

Go dickiewickie you can do it... only a few more days to go. The pre-op was tough but it is so worth it in the end.

Are you on the 4 yog, 4 soup with portion of milk? If so I used my milk to make an iced coffee. I put loads of ice in a blender with very strong coffee, sweetener, and my milk allowance and it made more than a pint, which I sipped slowly and was very filling.. I could also have diet jelly which was a good filler too.

Good luck...

dickiewickie

Go dickiewickie you can do it... only a few more days to go. The pre-op was tough but it is so worth it in the end.

Are you on the 4 yog, 4 soup with portion of milk? If so I used my milk to make an iced coffee. I put loads of ice in a blender with very strong coffee, sweetener, and my milk allowance and it made more than a pint, which I sipped slowly and was very filling.. I could also have diet jelly which was a good filler too.

Good luck...

Berger, yes I'm on the 4 soups 4 yougurts 200mls milk. Thanks for the tip. Just thinking this time next week I'll be sleeved ...whoopie#**__ :-*:-:-*:-*
Thankyou again

Val

Committed Weight Loser
It is difficult.. a lot of us had to do it..
It is the worst part of the journey but it is so worth it..

Some people do wake up to be told we opened you up and the liver had not shrunk enough..you have to do it..no matter how nice I want to be to you to help you..the fact is it is essential to your well being

You can do it..
I did so anyone can..

Good Luck..and see you on the losers bench really soon

Oh... to inspire you just a little I just posted some before and after pics today on my diary and I am only 3 months post Op..

here you go hope this helps a little..

I am only at the start of my journey and I can see a difference already :)

rwq6.jpg

dickiewickie

It is difficult.. a lot of us had to do it..
It is the worst part of the journey but it is so worth it..

Some people do wake up to be told we opened you up and the liver had not shrunk enough..you have to do it..no matter how nice I want to be to you to help you..the fact is it is essential to your well being

You can do it..
I did so anyone can..

Good Luck..and see you on the losers bench really soon

Oh... to inspire you just a little I just posted some before and after pics today on my diary and I am only 3 months post Op..

here you go hope this helps a little..

I am only at the start of my journey and I can see a difference already :)

Hello Val,
Thankyou so much for those words of encouragement. You and all the WLS members are turely beautiful people. How can I not succeed with all this support!. Yesterday was successful and I know today will be too 4 days to go after today and I feel so enthuse nothing could sway me. Val you look fantastic ......is this prize and more just in 12weeks!!!. Your pic has spurned me on even more Thankyou you again
Xx

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
Dickie. What Paula and Val have said is so true. You really must engage with the LSD. It is about preparing your body for the surgery not about dieting. It does however prepare your head for life post-op when you really will have to let your sleeve dictate what, how and when you eat. There will be no negotiation. I had my bypass at St A's in July (it is a super hospital and the staff are fantastic!). I did four weeks on four WW soups, four ML yogs and 500ml of semi. I stuck to it like glue, it was hard but not nearly as hard as the first couple of months post op. I have lost 6 stone in as many months - real terms that is size 24 to 14.

Good luck. Keep going. You are doing great xx

dickiewickie

Dickie. What Paula and Val have said is so true. You really must engage with the LSD. It is about preparing your body for the surgery not about dieting. It does however prepare your head for life post-op when you really will have to let your sleeve dictate what, how and when you eat. There will be no negotiation. I had my bypass at St A's in July (it is a super hospital and the staff are fantastic!). I did four weeks on four WW soups, four ML yogs and 500ml of semi. I stuck to it like glue, it was hard but not nearly as hard as the first couple of months post op. I have lost 6 stone in as many months - real terms that is size 24 to 14.

Good luck. Keep going. You are doing great xx

LOST A STONE
went to my Neuro appt this morning had the usual BP and Weighing before seeing the consultant.... Nurse proudly announced I'd lost a stone in weight ....pre op diet not that bad after all! 3 days left on diet . big GS Saturday ****_:)

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
@Moonagedaydreamer - this thread is three years old and most people who posted on it haven't even been on the forum for years.

You'll get more out of this if you comment on current threads x