• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

liver shrinkage diet

shelly130672

Hi all,I am due to start my liver shrinkage diet on the 5th August for my sleeve op at the Whittington hospital London,can anyone tell me if you are allowed to have soup,and if so what type of soup thick or thin ect as I am a savoury person and the thought of drinking shakes for 2 weeks is worrying me a bit.

it depends which diet plan you can choice from or are given by your team im sure ive read one which did have soup on it ask your team ,good luck

Yh, some providers insist on Protein Shakes, others a low fat, low carb diet, others Milk and Yogurt.

It is important you follow the advise of your provider, but worth asking them if you think you will have problems as they want you to be successful at it as it makes the surgery safer for you and therefore easier for them.

Good luck, and the two weeks will fly by :)

Stick to whatever is written on the diet sheet/booklet the hospital/provider has given you.

The diet will be written to give you the right amount of nutrition to shrink your liver.

If you have any questions give the hospital a call. :)

good luck, the time goes quicker than you think xx

Back