• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long termer-This is my little tip for a Yummy treat if your struggling!!!

emma-louise

my new life!!
Being an old bypasser I'm got a huge list of things I can no longer eat,it's hard to find something that I won't dump on.
Even harder to find a treat that actually fills you up too,and especially if your finding your snacking between meals this will help.
My tip....HOT AIR POPCORN.
I have been using one for the past few months and its a godsend!.
You can easily purchase a machine from Argos,buy the popcorn kernels from holland and Barrett.
I purchase seasonings and when it's freshly popped I sprinkle a little on.
You can get savoury seasoning or sweet...
Also the health benefits are great..it's full of nutrients.

Hope this helps anyone x

You don't even need a machine :) I do mine in the microwave. Use fry light spray to get spices and sweetener or salt to stick.

I have been wanting to try this too but a bit worried that popcorn will get stuck in my pouch. Seeing this post has given me the impetus to give it a go. Thanks ladies :D x

You don't even need a machine :) I do mine in the microwave. Use fry light spray to get spices and sweetener or salt to stick.

Its great stuff isn't it yvessa ,
I have used the microwave too,but I find using a machine and buying in the kernels more cheaper.
There's loads of seasoning you can buy if you know where to buy it..
Bacon salt is absolutely gorgeous..and it's really filling.

I have been wanting to try this too but a bit worried that popcorn will get stuck in my pouch. Seeing this post has given me the impetus to give it a go. Thanks ladies :D x

Femfrankie,I get lots of foods stuck but I find this no problems to eat x

Oh must try what are the calories like...and you say its a healthy snack...?

where do you buy the seasoning
Thank you xxx

Oh must try what are the calories like...and you say its a healthy snack...?

where do you buy the seasoning
Thank you xxx

Hi there...
Low calories..health benefits and lots of nutrients.
Just type in hot air popcorn and look what comes up.
What seasonings do u prefer sweet or savoury

Hi there...
Low calories..health benefits and lots of nutrients.
Just type in hot air popcorn and look what comes up.
What seasonings do u prefer sweet or savoury

I would say savoury but Im open to try the sweet as well :)

I buy the kernels for 50p for a load of plain ones, and just 6 mins in the micro. Then add any flavouring hon :) I don't mean the buttered bags etc.

I buy the kernels for 50p for a load of plain ones, and just 6 mins in the micro. Then add any flavouring hon :) I don't mean the buttered bags etc.

50p for kernels that is cheap,
My kids eat the popcorn too,I think it's more fun when its popping out of a machine and its usually flying across th kitchen whilst trying to catch it in a bowl!

Thanks ladies just attempted my first batch of popcorn. Quite plain tonight as I had the kernels but nothing fancy to spice it up so used a light dust of Splenda and cinnamon ... Lovely and it didn't get stuck neither :D

I Just ordered my hot air popper from Amazon :)

What a good idea! Sounds lovely :) I'll keep this in mind for next month! If you have any other good-naughties please share! I thought id lose the sweet tooth but so far have not >. <

I can't even imagine how I'd digest popcorn at this stage! I be terrified of something getting stuck! X

I would wait a bit yet Nicola. At nearly four months out I was really quite tentative about it tbh hun but one thing I have learned is that you have to experiment with food textures and tastes. Life would be quite boring if we didn't get brave ;)

I Just ordered my hot air popper from Amazon :)

Did you notice the seasonings on the site?
Or go in your local supermarket and look on the spice rack to see if they have anything.
Get yourself a can of fry light too,so the seasoning will stick to the popcorn.

I can't even imagine how I'd digest popcorn at this stage! I be terrified of something getting stuck! X

Don't worry...I'm over 3+ years and I still get things stuck.
It's trial and error,you learn to know which foods to avoid.
And some foods I'm glad they get stuck so I can't eat!
Cakes/breads I can't do anymore,you'll find your way xXx

Back