• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loooy72's weekly weigh in

Loooy72

Well end of my second week, found this week very hard as getting really hungry inbetween meals. Plus having to cook all the family meals and watching them all scoff lovely looking dinners whilst i eat mush is just getting to me!
On the other hand, i know that this is for life and i have to adjust to eating less than before and just get on with it.

Lost 3lbs again this week, again was hoping for more, but at least its 3lbs closer to goal and i know its forever this time.

So all in all not bad.

Have a date in 4 weeks for my fill, just need to live on will power until then]]:tomato:

hi, first of all well done on your 3lb weight loss. im a bypass patient, but n most of the posts i have read it does get easier especially when you have moved onto a more textured stage, the hunger you feel inbetween meals why not try having a glass of juice/milk to see if that makes you feel full as you might be experiencing a 'head hunger' as all us wls patients are used to eating for the sake of eating even if we wern't hungery, but now due to you being restricted your head could be in overdrive. it easy to say now but in a few months down the line when you are x amount lighter and in a good routine for yourself it will get easier. i wish you all the best and good luck xx

3lb is a good loss- you don't want saggy skin from losing too quickly. You are eating mushies to heal so any loss is good. You won't feel restriction as the food you are eating is 'slider' food. When you get onto more textures it will make you feel fuller. I was watching tv last night and a bloke in the us had a band but didn't lose weight as he stuck to sloppy food to get more in. The proper weight loss works when you get your first fill.

Keep at it xxxxx

Sharon

3lb is a good loss- you don't want saggy skin from losing too quickly. You are eating mushies to heal so any loss is good. You won't feel restriction as the food you are eating is 'slider' food. When you get onto more textures it will make you feel fuller. I was watching tv last night and a bloke in the us had a band but didn't lose weight as he stuck to sloppy food to get more in. The proper weight loss works when you get your first fill.

Keep at it xxxxx

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Thanls, i didn't realise the sloppy food would go through easier and therefore stop me feeling as full!! Great i now feel so much better about the next stage!
Have you got your band date??
Claire x

Hi Claire,

I had my band on 5th May but haven't had a date for a fill as yet. My surgeon put 4ml in a 10ml band but I don't know if I will feel any restriction with that yet as I am starting on sloppies today.

I had a really nice long chat with my patient co-ordinator yesterday as I was a bit confused as my surgeon gave me some info about how the band actually works with the nerves at the top of your stomach. She told me all the pitfalls ie sticking to 'easy' food etc. You have to have food with a bit of substance to it doesn't go straight through - there has to be some resistance.

Try and keep strong until your fill but you should start to feel less hungry when you go back onto 'normal' food. Did you hve anything in your band to start with???

job_well_done_award.jpg

Hi Claire,

I had my band on 5th May but haven't had a date for a fill as yet. My surgeon put 4ml in a 10ml band but I don't know if I will feel any restriction with that yet as I am starting on sloppies today.

I had a really nice long chat with my patient co-ordinator yesterday as I was a bit confused as my surgeon gave me some info about how the band actually works with the nerves at the top of your stomach. She told me all the pitfalls ie sticking to 'easy' food etc. You have to have food with a bit of substance to it doesn't go straight through - there has to be some resistance.

Try and keep strong until your fill but you should start to feel less hungry when you go back onto 'normal' food. Did you hve anything in your band to start with???

Hi,
No my band is empty, so will power alone now!
Hope you enjoy the the sloppies, i was starving before i went onto sloppies so you must be sooo looking forward to it!

Well end of week 3 was Wednesday and this week i lost 4lbs! Was quite surprised as i had 2 glasses of wine at a friends birthday party and ate quite a lot more this week, so happy days!!
Hope everyone else is happy with their weight loss too??

Claire x

Well, end of week 4 today and i have lost an impressive 1lb! What is my body playing at?? I am having a hard time this week, stuck to my guns and didn't revert to my "normal" shove as much food down my throat, and my reward is 1lb! Oh God, i am having a bad day and it's only just begun!
Here goes for another week x

Even when we dont lose as much as we expect to there are certain changes taking place in our bodies which are of benefit to us. Try not to rush it or worry too much. It will come off, just try not to fret.
Lynne x

Please dont knock a pound. Sometimes I lose a pound and feel a bit hard done by, but if you google image a pound of fat its loads! And gross! lol
It all adds up!
xxx

End of week 5 and another 2lbs off! Not sure how to be honest because i have eaten some crisps, 2 bars of chocolate and had a night out with loads of wine!

But on a worrying front, i am sure it will catch up with me and i am slipping back to old habits!

Today has been a good day, even though i had a heavy weekend with birthday parties and night's out i still managed to lose 1lb and i finally had my first fill.
They put 5 .5mls in and so far all is well.

Pleased about 1lb loss, as i worked hard after the weekend to stay on the wagon, go me! I feel good, la la la la la la la!!

Well end of week 7 and i have had my first fill a week ago, so i should be feeling on top of the world, but i don't!
I think i expected more from my first fill, i have lost 3lb this week and i know that that is a good loss, but i suppose i expected my first week after a fill to be a biggy!
I am also a bit down as i have no restriction at all and now my mind is starting to think that after a 5.5ml fill there must be something wrong if i have no restriction!

Anyway spoke to my provider yesterday who said they will book me in for another, but i haven't heard anything yet, so fingers crossed they will get back to me today.

Claire x

End of week 7, have only lost 1lb this week, but it was my birthday at the weekend and we had 2 meals out plus plenty of alcohol! Oops! But this is a normal part of the process and normal life, i got back on the BAND wagon on Monday and have had no problems being good since! Still have nearly 5 weeks to wait for my 2nd fill and feel a bit annoyed with my provider for being so poor at getting fills when required, so meanwhile it is will power alone! Holiday in 10 days which won't be easy, but at least my husband is on board and will help keep me in check.

x

Back