• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

loosing weight with limited exercise

To get back on topic though. When I went to pain management classes through our local hospital it was recommended that I try tai chai as a form of exercise. Great I thought but in our area there is only one group and it only has 1 new intake term every year and a waiting list a long as your arm to get on it lol. You may be luckier in your area though.
Weight loss is not impossible without exercise as somebody said earlier.. I have last over 4 stone with no exercise at all apart from walking ... And I can assure you it's never anymore than a few hundred metres which is my limit before either my back gives out or my knees fold! So weight loss is certainly achievable :) x

Sorry about your back. I'm sure that's so frustrating. On another note though...you've lost 19 pounds??? Seriously? I got my balloon 2 weeks before you and I'm stuck at 11 pounds. Still.

In fact, I can't even tell I have the balloon anymore. I'm able to eat larger portions just like before. And I'm not losing any weight. Looks like I actually might need to start dieting. Damn.

Sorry about your back. I'm sure that's so frustrating. On another note though...you've lost 19 pounds??? Seriously? I got my balloon 2 weeks before you and I'm stuck at 11 pounds. Still.

I'm slowing down too! In loosing the pounds!! And I can feel the balloon in the morning when/if I eat! But come evening time I don't notice it as much. But I do have to make a point of eating less. Even though I could eat more. The full feeling does last longer.

In fact, I can't even tell I have the balloon anymore. I'm able to eat larger portions just like before. And I'm not losing any weight. Looks like I actually might need to start dieting. Damn.

I share your frustration joshsmommy. Had my balloon for nearly 3 weeks now. I still have restriction and i am using it well and eating sensibly but my scales have well and truly stuck for 10days now :(. I was at my bariatric dietician last night & she was more than impressed with my near 6kg loss while I moaned about being frustrated with it :sigh:. She put my mind at rest though. She had been expecting this to happen. Apparently my body just does not want to let go of its fat reserves and since I am noticing weight loss in my clothes she thinks this is because I am burning muscle instead. She assures me that my body will have to use my fat stores eventually. So in the meantime I have to try not obsess too much about it. As long as I stick to the regime my body will have no alternative but come into line and start dropping the pounds.

I can eat whatever I want and don't have any symptoms from the balloon but I am just aware of my food and I am satisfied much quicker. I can eat through that and pack away three courses but I just find the balloon gives me that edge to be able to say no. The diet plan I am on is very strict. Porridge made with water for brekkie, blueberries and skim milk. Lunch is a small bowl of soup with a crumbled ryvita. Dinner usually an omelette. I don't use any oil, no bread or starches, no pasta rice or any veg from below ground. If I go for a walk in the morning, I will have an Apple or pear afterwards. If I am hungry in the afternoon, I will have a low fat yogurt and usually eat about half. Try and drink as much water as possible but I am terrible. First major goal reached now, under 15 stone. Getting there.

I share your frustration joshsmommy. Had my balloon for nearly 3 weeks now. I still have restriction and i am using it well and eating sensibly but my scales have well and truly stuck for 10days now :(. I was at my bariatric dietician last night & she was more than impressed with my near 6kg loss while I moaned about being frustrated with it :sigh:. She put my mind at rest though. She had been expecting this to happen. Apparently my body just does not want to let go of its fat reserves and since I am noticing weight loss in my clothes she thinks this is because I am burning muscle instead. She assures me that my body will have to use my fat stores eventually. So in the meantime I have to try not obsess too much about it. As long as I stick to the regime my body will have no alternative but come into line and start dropping the pounds.

Well done femfrankie, 6 kg is brilliant. I went through the exact same. I stalled for a full two weeks but stick with it, it starts again. I am loosing in fits and starts. You will get there, you have lost so much since starting this journey. Hang in there.

Xx

Back