• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May Day Challenge !

Miss Tickle

I'm way off this challenge. The scales aren't my friend!
I think in future I might use a non scale related victory to my challenge such as fitting in a certain pair of trousers or completing a particular exercise class.
xx
I think the scales hate me at the moment Lou. I have to admit that I am actually having a stall as they just aren't budging !I strongly agree with you that it's good to have some Non Scale targets too. Mine are exercise related at the moment and because I am a. injured and b. poorly I'm not going to reach them either at this rate.
I am feeling very sorry for myself indeed :cry: Logic tells me I must lose weight soon as my calories are between 700 and 1100 a day but every time I weigh I feel disappointed and no mater how many people come up to me to advise me not to lose any more weight does not make up for the fact that I have three and a half stone to go and am stuck !!

Bellydancer57

Feeling just like you Miss Tickle. No weight loss this week boo hoo despite hardly eating & new exercise regime.
I'm sure it will re-start but hell whilst you are waking for it to kick in again.

Miss Tickle

I think I'll try drinking more. I can't think of anything else to try. am rather worried as suddenly I'm not going to be able to exercise for a few days as I've really hurt my back somehow. Can't even stand ! If I couldn't shift being active I'm scared I'll start putting it on doing nothing at all !
Hang on in there BD, it's sure to start again soon xx

Bellydancer57

Cheers. Great idea about drinking. Be careful with you back. I have sciatica but have had a lot of relief & improvement since my op. I can now ouch my toes & reach all my nooks & crannies which I couldn't before. Still not completely pain free but have been old I will lays have a back problem but can now mange it better.
Good luck with re-starting the weigh loss. We must be patient.

ashlie1985

Oh hope no one gets too dis heartened if they don't meet their targets it's all trial and error and we have all been through so much we deserve a pat on the back - this is not the easy option xx

Channel Swimmer

Just looked at this again and I have already reached my target (and some) so perhaps a new target is in order - I think I'll aim for 20st 2lb - maybe completely non achievable but this rapid post op phase is all completely alien to me!!

Bellydancer57

Good luck with new target & well done with loss.
I'm still struggling with new target despite new exercise regime.

flutterby1966

May day goal surpassed. Hit my overall target of 12st :) now to adjust to more difficult goal of maintaining ...

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Channel Swimmer

Bellydancer57 said:
Good luck with new target & well done with loss.
I'm still struggling with new target despite new exercise regime.

What exercise regime do you have? I sometimes find that when I first start exercising that my weight loss on the scales stalls, but inches continue to fall. Could it be that you are toning up? Muscle weighs more than fat and all that. Also, make sure you're training in the right heart rate zone. Too high a heart rate and you'll be improving cardiovascular fitness but not in the fat burning zone, at least not optimal for fat burning.

Bellydancer57

What exercise regime do you have? I sometimes find that when I first start exercising that my weight loss on the scales stalls, but inches continue to fall. Could it be that you are toning up? Muscle weighs more than fat and all that. Also, make sure you're training in the right heart rate zone. Too high a heart rate and you'll be improving cardiovascular fitness but not in the fat burning zone, at least not optimal for fat burning.
Weekly 3 x 45 mins water workouts. Weekly 3 x 25 mins abs & arms slendertone sessions. Start hospital physio PACE classes on Tuesday.
Surgeon said last week that due to my rapid weight loss my body will now start to try to preserve my muscle so weight loss does often stop for a time but we will keep an eye on it. Gradually improving my protein intake but has been a struggle to get the 60 g a day as I can't tolerate meat. I found eggs a problem yesterday. You are right about inches as clothes falling off me. Thx for advice.

HoPe*87*

Lost 1lb this week, so got 5lb to loose to reach my target. I doubt il lose 5lb in a week but il give it a go xx hope everyone is doing well xx

Miss Tickle

I'm 14st 6lbs today so I have 6lbs to go. Like Hope , I think it's unlikely I'll get there but you never know....

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
5lbs to go :) i start small exercises this week :)

Miss Tickle

You stand a good chance of achieving your target Kity. it seems like a long time ago now, but I do remember how weight moved so quickly in the early days. Good on you for the exercise. It makes a huge difference. I've been laid up for a week and miss it now that I've got into the habit.

HiddenBeauty

Lil Miss Kitty
It still hurts my joints to do a lot, so the doc said start small, just 5 mins a day dancing to my favourite song, or a fast walk around my building.

Bellydancer57

Do take it gently. I've overdone the exercise today to be honest. Have strained a muscle in my calf I think. Bit of pain. Still no weight loss boo hoo.

safc_chick

Can't wait to be skinny!
I'm 15.3 and would like to be 14.7 x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I'm 14.2 today so beat my target by 5lb and hit the 100lb loss mark x

pandora

finding my way again !
My challenge goal was 17st 8lb , today I am 17st 6.2lb

chrisa

I have failed mine wanted to be 16 and am still 16.4. Never mind still focussed and on task, will keep plodding on, well done all of you. xx