• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Media Coverage: - My local paper has covered my story.

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable

Attachments

• GA Article.jpg
    GA Article.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I think it's a great article :)

Fantastic article (none the least because I got a sort of mention in it :8855:).

Seriously, with such limited space I thought there was a very balanced report. The journalist had to put the 'other side' (hence referring to the cost) but it was very supportive of bariatric surgery.

Thank you for doing that Gary.

Well done. good read.xx

Great article, love how you got across that this is not an easy option. Well done Gary x

Superb article; it is so important that people realise that it isn't a decision made lightly (no pun intended ;-)) and that it definitely isn't an easy option.
Well done :)

Smashing Gary.
Well done on getting the story out there.
Lynne xx

Wow well done you. It's so refreshing to read an article about weightloss surgery that gives the real facts and is positive at the same time.
I'll have to get your autograph!

great artical and good luck with your support group, mine just started with a hand full of people meeting every so often in Costa Coffee and has now gone from strength to strength and now happens on a monthly basis at the hospital which i had my op.... if you need any tips please feel free to give me a shout.

Liz x

great artical and good luck with your support group, mine just started with a hand full of people meeting every so often in Costa Coffee and has now gone from strength to strength and now happens on a monthly basis at the hospital which i had my op.... if you need any tips please feel free to give me a shout.

Liz x

I need all the tips I can get, so tip away please Liz. lol

Well done Gary - your gonna make your mark some day (if you haven't already) xxx

what a difference some proper informed knowledge can make...so often articles on bariatric surgery are written with the emphasis being negative and derogatory.

Well done Gary, a brilliant job and good luck with your groupo :)

Fantastic artical Gary, and it's great your starting up a local support group. It does concern me that I have had no assessment on my mental health, do not have to loose x amount of weight before surgery, and after 1 consultation have been offered surgery (the next time I see my surgeon will be on the operating table!)

If only I lived near your neck of the woods I would certainly appreciate attending your support group. Hope it all goes well, and I'm sure you will be overrun with people in your area wishing to join.

Kim

Good to see a balanced article! Most stories are inflammatory and just plain wrong! Very brave of you to put yourself out there!!
When do we get an autograph???? X

Back