• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Meds and vits

steve.wain

I was giving yummy mummy some grief last week for not taking her vitamins, now I know why, disgusting aren't they?

I've decided to re organize all my meds, after a couple of hours research on t'web, it seemed that most of them were unnecessary anyway. Got it down to one blood pressure tablet and the painkillers. Previously I was taking 12 for breakfast!

I'm carefully monitoring my BP and sugar levels and everything is in specification without any meds. So I'm staying with that for the moment. I'll probably be in bother when I go to see the quack next week though.

Couple of other odd things, my sense of smell has become more accute, and my psoriasis is clearing up. Anyone else noticed anything similar?

Hi Steve, I'm not sure what surgery you've had, but if it's a bypass, you really ought be on multi vitamins and calcium tablets because of the malabsorption aspect of the surgery. x x

I'm a bander and have 1 chewable vit a day and my calcichew which I've had for years. so far I've had no problems with my hair which was my main concern and the reason why I always taake my vits lol. As for my other meds I've cut down on them loads.At one time I was on 27 pills a day and now I'm down to between 4 and 6x

hiya
I have to take pregaday tabs as well as multivits & calcichew but they are really upsetting my stomach with gripey pains and explosive diarrhoea , sorry !!. I am now trying spatone liquid iron but not sure if it is ok for post bypassers. Anyone else have this problem ??:sigh:

I also have to take pregaday tabs along with multivits & calci tabs I also take extra zinc & Biotin and sellinium for my hair.
I absolutley hate taking tablets any shape or form, But thats the biggest price i have to pay for having the Op so I guess its worth it to stay healthy.

Lol thats what i thought when i saw the name Pregaday, They are Iron tablets.;)

They are apparently the best source of folic acid and what my consultant recomends, (and yours to as your under the same consultant as me ;)) though if you have to pay not the cheapest folic acid you can get ! - i to take them, he's told me that having to much folic acid is not a bad thing, being deficent is !

Also good if your thinking of getting preggers ! :D

Back