• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mild impairment of heart function

JoxJo

Hi I have a weak heart, has anybody else had wls with similar problem? I'm on ramapril (not for high bp) Surgery on 10th March, must have high dependancy unit just to be safe not sorry! I Need reassurances I think ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I don't have a weak heart but have other medical problems that need extra care. I really think that if your team were unduly worried they would not be doing the op for you. I would think that the risks to you of not having the op will outweigh any risks of you having the op.

With all the medical equipment available in modern hospitals, even in the unlikely event of a problem they will be able to deal with it.

I know it's hard, but try not to worry and let your team do what they are best and most experienced at - seeing you safely through your wls.

If you are really concerned could you not contact someone on your team for reassurance?

Hiya hun, i am very unfit and my surgeon told me to do plenty of exercise while im waiting to strenghen my heart so maybe you could help yourself a little with plenty of exercise to give your heart a better chance?
your surgeon must be aware of your heart problems and i think if he thought you was under any risk at all he wouldnt perform the surgery so im sure youll be just fine! good luck with your op hun xxxxx

Thanks I'm sure your right - roll on 11th so I can chill once more :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

itl soon be here - youl be just fine and on that loosers bench in no time, xxx

I had lots of health problems too hun, they atre so geared up for any complications these days and they wouldnt offer you the op if they didnt think you would be ok :D We all have wobbles but you will be ok ;) XX

Thinking of you precious... always best to get everything checked out and good look in every way... love and hugs xxx

The day I had my op - another lady had an RNY.

She had heart problems - an incompetent valve I think - and needed heart surgery but they wouldn't do it at her weight.

She was fine - we both went to Critical care overnight - and when I saw her at our 6 month checkup she had lost several stone and looked well

xxx

Back