• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk/dairy intolerance help

ladyluck14k

I was already lactose intolerant before my bypass, but since surgery even lactose free milk (semi skimmed) gives me terrible stomach cramps and leaves my stuck on the loo for ages (sorry tmi).

Im finding it hard to get any dairy into me, ive tried the high protein greek yogurts like Danio, Liberte, tried muller light Greek yogurts, lower fat chedder cheese, protein shakes made with lactofree semi skimmed milk and the same milk on bran flakes -all of them give me the dreaded bad stomach.

The only dairy product I can safely eat is a babybel Light.

Any suggestions of what I can do about this gladly appreciated!

Hi Lady Luck

I'm no professional but if the lacto free milk is still making you unwell you might be allergic to cows milk protein - in which case of suggest you try soya milk - Alpro are quite good with that!

Hope that helps!
Hayley

Hi lady luck I'm in the same boat and couldn't understand why I could get away with eating hard cheese and baby belles while cottage cheese, yoghurts, milk etc had me held hostage on the loo. Dietician explained it's because hard cheese does not contain whey in the same amount as the others so therefore leaves me relatively symptom free. I now as a result use soya milk and avoid cows milk but can still have my cathedral light cheese in moderation :)

Hi ladies, thanks for the info, that sounds about right when it comes to me, I shall pop to the shop tomorrow and pick up some soya milk and hand over my Greek yogurts to my mother cause I certainly wont be able to eat them lol.

Hi Lady Luck - the my protein website has a whole range of dairy free protein powders which might be worth trying with soy milk to help with your protein. I've brought several products from them now and am impressed with the quality and taste and they arrived 2 days after ordering with the cheapest postage options!

Here's the link Non Dairy Protein | Myprotein.com

Thanxs for that Stacey, I actually took delivery of some off my protein today and they taste great!

Back