• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milk diet blues - staffordshire

livi

Hi. I'm Livi, 26 from staffordshire. I'm on the 3rd day of my pre-op milk diet. My surgery is on the 12th Dec. I'm really looking forward to it and I've felt such relief and a kind of calm knowing that it's now really happening...and SOON. I'm having it done at the North Staffs by a lovely Italian surgeon.

But crikey, this is milk diet is so hard. I feel crappy. My head hurts, I'm dizzy and I have hunger pains. Bleurgh. Any tips for coping?

Hi. I'm Livi, 26 from staffordshire. I'm on the 3rd day of my pre-op milk diet. My surgery is on the 12th Dec. I'm really looking forward to it and I've felt such relief and a kind of calm knowing that it's now really happening...and SOON. I'm having it done at the North Staffs by a lovely Italian surgeon. But crikey, this is milk diet is so hard. I feel crappy. My head hurts, I'm dizzy and I have hunger pains. Bleurgh. Any tips for coping?

It gets easier after day 4. You'll feel tired, but the headaches and dizziness should go. Just hang in there and think of the prize at the end. Good luck :)

Days 3-4 are the worst hunni, stick at it and by Monday you will feel much better, don't give in think of the long term goal and good luck I am 9 days post op and remember the milk diet it wasn't nice but it did what was needed :)

Thanks! I thought that just knowing I had light at the end of the tunnel would be enough motivation. Pint of milk, a bovril and bed for me because I'm so rock n roll! lol x

Thanks! I thought that just knowing I had light at the end of the tunnel would be enough motivation. Pint of milk, a bovril and bed for me because I'm so rock n roll! lol x

It's hard, but it's so worth it. I used to really look forward to my supper time bovril.

I was panicking as I don't like the beef one but the chicken one is much more to my tastes :) x

Make sure your drinking plenty of water in between. I didn't feel hungry at all but I did drink lots. You get into the routine and the nausea, headache go after 3-4 day. Good luck! X

If you're allowed sugar free jelly, make some up and enjoy one as a dessert after your bovril in the evening :) Gives you something to look forward to at the end of the day! :)

Wish I could have jelly :( just 3 pints of milk, 2 yoghurts and bovril...water, coffee, etc . Might go to bed early see if I wake up feeling any better x

Hi
Yes the milk diet is hard a lot of us survived it,,and that's the key...Survive,
its not designed to enjoy its to shrink the liver to make the Operation safe..
it is worth it and no matter how we dress it up, its bloody hard, but knowing that you will have the op and come out the other end makes up for it

I did not like milk at all and was allowed to put nesquick banana shake in it to make it more easy to stomach..
I still hate to even look at a glass of milk now, lol

You will do it...what is the choice...
not be able to have the operation ??

Good Luck Hun, chin up its not forever xxxxxx

Thanks Val. I love milk so that side isn't an issue. I know it'll be worth it but that doesn't stop me having a good moan about it ;) lol. I've woken up feeling a little better than yesterday so fingers crossed it can only get better! x

Hi Livi, I had my op at UHNS in may! I did the non dairy diet which was 3 tins of weight watchers soups a day not because i am intolerant to dairy but because a lot of milk makes me sick! I replaced the 2 glasses of orange juice with 2 mullerlights as advised by the dietitian. Hope you go on ok I met Miss Rotunda, although my surgery was done by Mr cheruvu xx

She seems really lovely. Very interested in everything about me, which I thought was nice. I met Mr Cheruvu briefly too :)

Hi Livi, I had my op at UHNS in may! I did the non dairy diet which was 3 tins of weight watchers soups a day not because i am intolerant to dairy but because a lot of milk makes me sick! I replaced the 2 glasses of orange juice with 2 mullerlights as advised by the dietitian. Hope you go on ok I met Miss Rotunda, although my surgery was done by Mr cheruvu xx

How was the hospital stay and things there? The nurse I've met (Bridie) seems lovely but I'm not keen on staying in there overnight :( x

It was fine except for the first night a confused patient kept talking all night so i didn't get any sleep. The second night was fine i think she wore herself out! The staff were lovely though. If you have a bypass you should be out the next day. I had to stay in because i had a sleeve and they put a wound drain in. There was a lovely staff nurse in recovery , he was really kind. You should be fine xx

Yes, I've been told I'll only be in the one night, thank goodness. Thanks for answering my questions. :) x

I had lots of NAS crusha when I was on the milk diet(strawberry milkshake) x

I'm glad I didn't have to do the milk diet, I love milkshakes and I think it would put me off milk forever lol!

Good luck with it, it's not for long and it will all be worth it.

Back