• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Milky Jelly

gillabean

Really living now!
I remember someone putting the 'how to' for milky jelly, but I can't remember what it was. I tried to do it today but it came out as normal jelly with frothy on the top and tasted quite grainy, not nice! Can anyone help, ,how do I make it?

I tried it the other week-
Strawberry SF jelly mixed with approx just under a quarter pint boiling water & topped up when cool with ss milk
It was ok

I made last night

SF Jelly made with half a pint of boiling water and added a whole muller light to make it up to 1 pint. They have turned aut great so far :)

Sal

I make mine like this everyday Gill, just to try and make it a bit more interesting! :rolleyes:

I make up a pint, using 1/2 pint boiling water, dissolving the jelly powder, then adding 1/2 pint ss milk. The milky/moussy bit settles at the bottom whilst the clear jelly stays on top.

Cuppa xx

Hi gillabean glad u enjoyed ur jelly lol, have u heard from mandy how is she as she has not posted today, thanks and take care xx

Have you tried making mousse? Chill a tin of evaporated milk. Make jelly with half the amount of boiling water and, when the jelly has dissolved, throw in some ice cubes. Keep throwing them in until the jelly is semi-set. Whip the evaporated milk until it goes light and airy and increases in volume then whisk in the semi-set jelly. Refridgerate until set. It's yummy. Mxx

I'd love that but I can't have evaporated milk on this stupid milk diet. Just had an orange milky jelly and it was really nice and creamy. I will never eat normal jelly again, and that is my solemn oath.

So Im confused - how are we making our jelly now? Half pint of boiling water and half pint of ss milk? or yoghurt?

Salski, I make the sachet upwith a small amount of boiling water, enough to dissolve the crystals, leave it to cool a bit then top up with semi skimmed milk to the normal level. Easy-peasy, good source of protein and kind to the pouch.

Back