• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Morning after pill after gastric bypass

friendclair

Good Morning everyone.

I am 6 weeks post gastric bypass and wondering if anyone has had to take the morning after pill and know if this works after having the operation due to not absorbing properly?

Hi there, I don't know sorry but I'm sure if you call your provider they will have advise.

I got a contraceptive implant in my arm the week before surgery, my bariatric team said I had to as a condition of surgery being young and fertile! I've not regretted it, it's one less thing to worry about and didn't hurt too much, just bruising for a few days.

good question I found myself thinking last night actually!

will be interesting to see the replies.

And also, you can't take tablets for 8 weeks after a bypass.. what happens during that time?

good question I found myself thinking last night actually! will be interesting to see the replies. And also, you can't take tablets for 8 weeks after a bypass.. what happens during that time?
I took tablets the day after my bypass. But every providers rules are different.

Hi there, I don't know sorry but I'm sure if you call your provider they will have advise. I got a contraceptive implant in my arm the week before surgery, my bariatric team said I had to as a condition of surgery being young and fertile! I've not regretted it, it's one less thing to worry about and didn't hurt too much, just bruising for a few days.

That's interesting Stacey, they never advised me to go and get injection, implant etc just said whatever you do don't get pregnant x

They put the fear of God in me! Although I did tell them my boyfriend is a sex MANIAC! LOLZ! I was told coil or implant would be the only thing to work for me and so far I'm happy although this month I've had 2 periods :-/

They put the fear of God in me! Although I did tell them my boyfriend is a sex MANIAC! LOLZ! I was told coil or implant would be the only thing to work for me and so far I'm happy although this month I've had 2 periods :-/

Hahaha that is so funny! I am single so not a big issue for me at the minute (unfortunately lol) yea they do say that you can get several to begin with but then I think they stop

Back