• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Malabsorption of medicines?

Sharie65

During a doctor's appointment, my GP suggested that perhaps I wasn't absorbing enough of my regular medications. He didn't know if this was the case or not and suggested I talk to my bariatric doctor. Was just wondering if any of you knew the answer? Obviously, this has serious ramifications as one of them is the contraceptive pill cerazette and don't want to end up pregnant at 48! The other was citalopram. Have been feeling down a lot recently and he said it could be because I'm not absorbing all my medication properly (on max dose).

I'm also on an antidepressant and have struggled to find one that does the job. Unfortunately our Gp doesn't know enough about WLS and the long term effects etc. I wrote to my surgeon and he told me to try liquid antidepressants as you can never been sure of the absorption. Not sure if Citalopram comes in liquid - sure it does though,

Did you have your op private or nhs? Either way you should be able to give them a call to ask for advice. Mines didn't seem to mind me asking.

Good luck.

Back