• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Murryfield spire (sleep apena test)

Tracey37

Hi everyone,

wonder if u can give me any fed back , I been sitting her wondering if spire hospital wrote to my GP requesting a sleep apena test to have at my local hospital before surgery, will they send the results back to GP or spire hospital, I am having the test on 12th Dec and thinking should i ring spire after test to see what happing or shall i wait for them to contact me , as when i went for my pre-assessment on 3rd nov i could have surgery before or after xmas , :confused:

Tracey,

I arranged mine with the GP. I went to him and told him that I tired all the time and my hubby says I stop breathing at night... He arranged mine and I was seen at the sleep lab @ Fazackerley hospital a few weeks later. They told me to ring back after 11am in the morning and thats when they gave me the results.
Check with your GP's receptionist to see if Spire have got in touch.
Why do they need to know about sleep apnea if they are going to give you the op anyway????

Tracey,

I arranged mine with the GP. I went to him and told him that I tired all the time and my hubby says I stop breathing at night... He arranged mine and I was seen at the sleep lab @ Fazackerley hospital a few weeks later. They told me to ring back after 11am in the morning and thats when they gave me the results.
Check with your GP's receptionist to see if Spire have got in touch.
Why do they need to know about sleep apnea if they are going to give you the op anyway????

Hi Hun , the reason for the surgeon requesting this test is because when i went for my Pre-assessment he asked me do i sleep well and i said yes but i do wake up with headaces in every morning , he said this could be a sign of sleep apena and wants to make sure i don't have it , but dont have anyother symptoms and my partner says i sleep well, wish i knew this before hand look like i may get surgery in Jan fingers cross:)

My test was at Fazakerly too,just did the test and they send results to gp and Spire as I was under weight management at Walton then Fazakerly.

Back