• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm going for a sleep test!!! at last

gingernutter

My appointment arrived today it is on 4 Dec. Yeah!!

In September I seen a sleep consultant at Milton Keynes Hospital. At that time he wanted to give me for a sleep test. At that time I turned him down. I know it seems silly as this would strongly support my PCT funding but I was confused as my brother had died only weeks befor and I was in shock. I just wanted to be well. I was worried he was going to tell me something bad. I know......I am crazy sometimes. I am looking forward to having the test and seeing if I have sleep apnea or not.

what is involved in this test?

Last edited:
Hi Sarah

Some areas of the country from what i can gather do different test.
Mine was simply a little monitor on a velcro strap around my wrist and something on my finger while i was asleep one evening at home,i then took it back the next day to the hospital and awaited my results.
I know alot of friends on here have had a totally different method,but i am sure they will explain.

Nothing to worry about and well worth it if it helps towards your fight for funding.

Di
x

Hi Sarah well done, mine was exactly the same as Di's nothing to it really the painful part if waiting for the results but I am sure you wont let the grass grow lol...it might be just what you need chick...xx

Good Luck with your test ;) Let us know how it goes,
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi Helen,

you are doing the right thing by looking for all the help you can. I like many other people with a weight problem SNORE! The consultant at the hospital asked for the test as I may have sleep apnea. Google is as it may aid your case. Your doctor can refer you. This is considered a co-morbitity in my area. I have been for the consultation with the sleep doctor however I turned down the test back in September but I am now back on track. My brother died in August and I was feeling mixed up when I had the offer. The hospital have been very understanding.

yay thats only 2 weeks away :)

hi i had a sleep apnea test done two weeks ago, the same as the others have said a velcro strap like a watch with a face that show pulse rate and oxygen levels, i was told i should have it two nights but as with most hospital cutbacks it was only available for one, my problem was i hardly slept. i kept looking at said watch face to check pulse, i slept approx 2 hours in whole night. when i took it to the hospital next day i was knackered, doctor said it didnt look to bad i explained my madness, and it was she who suggested the losing weight via the band. so that is where my story starts. i have so much to lose i just never thought about surgery before, i assumed it was for bigger people!! (the tv programmes often show 40 stones) and me only a mere 21.!! how stupid am i? lets hope we all get what we need. the few friends that i have tested it on, just asking in general what they thought about wls have all poo pooed the idea saying "you dont want that" and they are right i dont want it. i need it. message to self. dont tell friends about any ops. hoping everything goes fine for you, just remember to sleep with your monitor. good luck. Bridie x

I weighed 17st when I had surgery and I thought bypass was only for bigger people. I have also only a handful of people. Even some close friends do not know because I do not want to know their opinions as it would not change my decision and I did not think it necessary for them to know. If you know its right for you then whilst other people can be concerned about you ulitmately the decision is yours. Good luck chick I am only 12 days post op and have lost a stone, I am already sleeping much better...xx

Back