• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My countdown to surgery starts here 15 days to go

pinkylin

Im hoping to get started on pre op diet today but not long got up so i really should have breaky lol

1weetabix with 100mls of milk here i come :confused::sigh:agggggghhhhhhhhhh:argh: hope i can do this pre op thing.

My emotions change from day to day one min im excited:p:D and the next im crappin meself:(:massmoon: i knw this is norm and i just gotta get on with it lol but would love to knw how you minis did it :psiholog::thinking2:i take me hat of to you all i really do lin.x:clap::wow::worthy:

15 more days !!! whoop whoop you will breeze the pre op babe you have waited so long to be on it , im sure you have loads to be doing that the time will fly, on the emotion front i can understand how you feel but iv got another 6 weeks at it lol good luck for day one keep us informed how your going x

15 more days !!! whoop whoop you will breeze the pre op babe you have waited so long to be on it , im sure you have loads to be doing that the time will fly, on the emotion front i can understand how you feel but iv got another 6 weeks at it lol good luck for day one keep us informed how your going x
ahhhhhhhhh thanx hun you near made me cry then lol i hope you wait flys by to hun this time nest year hun im sure we will both be skinny minis see what i did there hehehe lv lin.x

Good luck Pinky, the 1st couple of days might be tricky but it does get better.
hiya hun wow you not got long to wait have ya woop woop 2 more days to go hun thanx for the advice i knw first few of days will be hard but its gotta be done hasnt it lin.x

ok was struglin a lil bit b4 so i had a banana still hungry but drikin some nad sugar juice to try and tide me over i dont want to have lunch just yet as had breky late 11am so i wanna try and wait till about 2 2.30 then i can have my t as late as 7ish as i always get the munchies at night so if i have t late im less likely to want to grab somethin and ive more chance of stayin on the track so to speak lol

i get the munchies at might, worst thing ever lol.

but in 15days it will all be worth it hun xx

The first four-ish days were the worst for me but your body does start to adjust.
Just remember one thing...hunger isnt your enemy, I have always been a 'oh Im hungry I dont like the feeling lets eat to make it go away' kind of person and once I got my head around the fact that I got the gnarles of hunger and didnt eat them away, that hunger is fine and no harm was going to come to me for feeling it, so I just worked with it.
Good luck on your journey hon xx
Steph xx

Hi Pinky, I'm on day 8 of my pre op diet, it is hard but stick with it as the rewards are there. Just make sure you drink as much fluids as you possibly can.

Good luck!
Cuppa xx

I agree with Cuppa, drink as much as possible, it is filling and very good for you.
I was chugging through loads of Fruit Shoot H2O's Blackcurrant flavour and they are very tasty and also sugar free.
Try getting into the taste of peppermint tea as well, I did before the op and now afterwards it really does seem to shake free some of the trapped gas, cheers your mouth up a bit too because the taste in your mouth and the furry tongue sucks!
Anyway, Im sure you'll be fine and good luck to ya xx
Steph xx

The first four-ish days were the worst for me but your body does start to adjust.
Just remember one thing...hunger isnt your enemy, I have always been a 'oh Im hungry I dont like the feeling lets eat to make it go away' kind of person and once I got my head around the fact that I got the gnarles of hunger and didnt eat them away, that hunger is fine and no harm was going to come to me for feeling it, so I just worked with it.
Good luck on your journey hon xx
Steph xx
thanx hun im reaaly struglin at the mo coz im hungry but im just about to have lunch late i knw but at leas this way i can have tea late lol i will work with it like ya sed goit a bit of a headache at the mo lol bloody sinuses also ive been keepin meself as busy as pos lol and im tryin to drink as much as i can to lol

Hi Pinky, I'm on day 8 of my pre op diet, it is hard but stick with it as the rewards are there. Just make sure you drink as much fluids as you possibly can.

Good luck!
Cuppa xx
hiya hun i will stick to it ive got to and its only day one and im struglin already but if everyone else can do it i can i hpe lol

hiya hun i will stick to it ive got to and its only day one and im struglin already but if everyone else can do it i can i hpe lol

You can do it. Next week you'll be wondering why you were doubting yourself. Just think of the prize at the end of it.

Hi pinkylin it is a hard diet but it has to be done I am due to start it again on 23rd November as my op is only 5 weeks away and like you I am calm one day and cackin it the next but I try not to think about it too much.
I found having a glass of diet coke at night helped me I think the gas probably filled my tum a bit, and I am not a big fizzy pop drinker but yes it definately helped.
Keep at it, try not to think about it too much and it will get better
Good luck .............you can do it

Jay xx

You can do it. Next week you'll be wondering why you were doubting yourself. Just think of the prize at the end of it.
thanx hun i will hehe.x

Hi pinkylin it is a hard diet but it has to be done I am due to start it again on 23rd November as my op is only 5 weeks away and like you I am calm one day and cackin it the next but I try not to think about it too much.
I found having a glass of diet coke at night helped me I think the gas probably filled my tum a bit, and I am not a big fizzy pop drinker but yes it definately helped.
Keep at it, try not to think about it too much and it will get better
Good luck .............you can do it

Jay xx
Hi hun i did get some diet coke in b4 lol coz i thought that will fill me with gas a lil bit lol gr8 minds think alike eh hehehehehe

Back