• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Morning Weighing Reginme

iheartny

Ok so here goes..... perhaps not the best way to obsess about any weight loss but this is what I do.

6.30 - Get up and get weighed.
6.31 - Take all clothes off and get weighed
6.32 - Have a wee and get weighed
6.33 - Get weighed after shifting marvelous digital scales 2mm to right
6.34 - Repeat as above about 6 times untill desired weight loss is achieved for that particular day
6.35 - Have a cup of tea and calming look at my ticker and adjust as required.
7.00 - Repeat all of the above - just to check haven't miraculously lost another couple of pounds.

Does anyone else do this or is it just me :giggle:

That sounds very familiar........

I've been know to pop to the loo during the day and strip off just to have a quick weigh! :8855: Obviously only in my own home!

You need to chuck them out...way toooo obsessive :eek::eek:

On a serious note once a week should be enough.

Ha ha, I have been there in the past but I just weigh in now when I remember x

:8855::8855: Oh yes ! I get up, go to the loo and then weigh myself, treading veeeeery carefully onto the scales (as if that's going to make any difference ? :8855:). Sometimes I shower, then weigh myself again... it worked this morning by the way, I weighed half a pound less when I came out of the shower !!! (I'm NOT that dirty, honest ! :8855::8855:)

That did make me laugh, I have a funny little routine I do as well where my toe has to tough a certain part of the skirting board lol!

Omg, pmsl, but hell no, I only weigh myself once a week (first thing in the morning after a wee)...about the only thing I do is make sure the scales are in the same position!

Last edited:
am I the only one that has a weekly weigh-in routine?
Monday morning, Breakfast for boys, loo and weigh on my scales, bath, coffee drive Boys to school then weigh-in at Boots to get my read out to stick in my diary and height and BMI

Some of you have serious OCD i think :) But we love you for it lol xx

I used to weigh once a week but as i am queen of the stalls i've now decided to do it every 6 weeks if i can wait lol. Was tempted to drive to Boots just now to weigh in as i haven't for a week... Damn those demon scales xx

i think everyone has there own ways, your routine did make me chukkle, i pop down stairs then back up to see if that helps, it doesnt normally!
ilona x

You did make me laugh. My husband puts the scales up in the loft and until i lose more weight i cant get up there to get them (one day soon i hope).

Charmaine

Oh yes I do this! It drives me mad. I get up have a wee then weigh myself. I have to step on with the left foot first or my scales weigh me heavier! (hubby also weighs heavier if he steps on with right foot.) I will then jump on and off a few times to see if this makes any difference! Wow now I sound really obsessed and sad!!!!!!!!

He he, we have all got OCD! I do the same thing. I have to balance on the insides of my feet a bit. This goes back to an old set of scales I had years ago that weighed lighter when I did that. It dosnt make a bit of difference to the ones I have now but I still have to do it. I do it when i go to the docs to get weighed too, really cant help it. What a looney. Thats why I love this site so much, makes me feel like I am not a complete weirdo.

On a more serious not though I do now try to weigh myself less often than I used to as i think you can get really obsessive and with three kids I really dont have the time. I hide my scales from the kids too because I am scared of them getting eating disorders!!! thats probably a bot OTT too but I have two very skinny self concious girls so I have to be carefull. They have no idea we have scales in the house. I think once a week is reasonable if you have weight issues but dont think normal healthy childre have any need to be weighed at all.

It is Crazy but it has been a major issue for us for years, I have always weighed in daily since my op, the good thing is now.....whatever the scales say it doesn't affect my eating routine or how I feel because I know I am different inside and so long as we follow the rules the results will come!!!! So if you feel the urge to weigh in daily go for it I say so long as you can handle the fact at times the same number is going to be staring you in the face for weeks.................. Think Back...... How many times when you were on a diet, and failing miserably would you have killed for the scales to stay in one place even though you were eating what you want????
I personally have got such a kick out of seeing those numbers come down, why not I earned it!

lol sounds very familiar! since my op i have been a bit more relaxed about getting weighed (well the last 3 weeks anyway) so i only get weighed on the Wii i cant be be bothered to set it up all the time so i dont!

I have digital scales and can step on and off them and have gained half a pound im thinking of going back to the old fashioned ones , i weigh myself more than i should think its the fear of leaving it a few weeks then the horror of maybe gaining at least if its every few days you can keep a check of what happening everyone is different and if it makes you happy then carry on x

Ok so here goes..... perhaps not the best way to obsess about any weight loss but this is what I do.

6.30 - Get up and get weighed.
6.31 - Take all clothes off and get weighed
6.32 - Have a wee and get weighed
6.33 - Get weighed after shifting marvelous digital scales 2mm to right
6.34 - Repeat as above about 6 times untill desired weight loss is achieved for that particular day
6.35 - Have a cup of tea and calming look at my ticker and adjust as required.
7.00 - Repeat all of the above - just to check haven't miraculously lost another couple of pounds.

Does anyone else do this or is it just me :giggle:

Yup guilty but i do it all day, i get excited if i havent gained throughout the day cos that means i will have lost in the morning.........sad i know but it gets me through the day xxx

Back