• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My pct is asking the public for their views on WLS!

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
The public comments are disgraceful ( some not all)

disgraceful but not surprising i'm afraid.

I don't get asked if I think funding should be spent on methadone programmes or stop smoking campaigns. How is this fair?
Do they give people all the facts before gauging opinion?

Reactions: Bev
I did the survey but didn't read the public's point of view. Guess i can imagine what it said, twats!

I've done the survey... is this a sign of things to come... more discrimination heading our way... xxx

done the survey and feel sick to my MUCH SMALLER stomach that these are the views of such small minded bigoted people........ I lived in Barnsley and was refused several times for the op and yet when i moved area i was accepted for the surgery!!!! I cannot believe that a postcode lottery still exsists...

i bet all the people who r against wls have never suffered with a weight problem ever :( its sad how people who have never walked a day in our shoes can judge

I filled in the survey, its disgraceful that the public are being given another way to "beat fatties"! I cant remember ever being asked if it was ok to fund drug abusers going to rehab or alcoholics geoing into detox and when do they ask you if its ok to fund for anorexics to get help? Fatism is really the last acceptable form of discrimination and it makes me sick to the stomach. You only have to read the comments to see which way its going to go. Never mind that they could save million per year in diabetes treatment and blood pressure treatment etc etc etc. As long as they get the public on-side they will feel better about stopping WLS !!

I can't beleive that they are doing this! Since when did the average member of public have the expertise to decide whether we should have surgery or not?

Here's a link to the article:
Public asked for views on weight-loss surgery funding (From York Press)

and the link to the pct website where you can fill out their questionairre if you would like to help them receive a more balance view than the ''stop the fatties eating cake'' brigade.

Yorkshire and the Humber SCG - Morbid Obesity Surgery

Done the survey. When do I get asked my opinion on hip replacements, hernia repairs, ingrowing toenail surgery.... ?

Exactly Rose, theres only one reason why they would ask for opinions and thats because they know what they will be and feel justified in saying they have to withdraw bariatric surgery because of the public outcry! Arggghhh it makes me so angry.....they would get the same reaction asking opinions about smokers, drinkers, junkies etc!!

what about the drain on government funding for all the illegal immigrants that ar draining our resources.....dont ever recall them asking me if I mind them being here.......

Just completed the survey as a 'member of the public', telling them its disgusting that they are asking the publics opinion and not listening to the guidelines set by the experts!
EVERYONE READIG THIS SHOLD COMPLETE IT TOO TO HELP BALANCE THE OPINIONS IN FAVOUR OF TOSE THAT NEED THE SURGERY!!!

Sorry for the very bad spelling - really should turn the light on so I can see the keyboard properly or read what I'm typing before hitting 'post'!

Oh well looks like this PCT has just justified why they are being abolished and the purse strings are being handed over to our GPs. Soddin cheek, if we were to asked if we thought immigrants should be allowed to live here and claim benefits and use our NHS service, Should we pay for interpreters for non english speaking people, Withdrawer motorbility for those less able bodied, Gay people are not to be granted HIV prevention or treatment or genital reconstruction to enable them to live a life they so crave - WE WOULD BE GUILTY OF DISCRIMINATION!!!!!
What's the difference??????? I pay my taxes and have done for 39 years. I'll be damned if I will ask anyones approval outside of the medical profession. The PCT's are pen pushers with posh titles, as for those who add their two pennies worth in such a bigotted way are intellectually bankrupt in my humble opinion! So they can stick that in their pipe and smoke it!!!!!

Linski xxx

I did the survey

Me too! Absolutely disgusted that they are doing this survey.... I asked when the consultation on drug and alcohol treatment services, smoking cessation, and sheer bloody ignorance were coming out, cos I'd like to have my ha'pnys worth! Hopefully the PCT will be gone long before the results of the survey are available. NICE has set guidelines and criteria for bariatric surgery - and they should be applied fairly and equally to all, regardless of postcode!

Back