• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Pets

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hiya
I decided to share some pictures of my furry babies (they arent just pets, they are all my babies lol).

This is my dog Blade, he is nearly three and is a shitzu/westie mix. Interesting fact...he can 'say' oh mama lol We got him from a breeder, something I wouldnt usually do but saw him and just had to.
BLADE.jpg

This is my cat Nala, she is around nine years old now and can be something of a grumpy puss, she knows what she likes and doesnt like being hassled by the dog or my other cat. She is sometimes called a snob by visitors because she stays away from them and looks at them like they are something she has trodden in lol She loves a cuddle from me and hubby always laughs and says "if she could melt INTO you she would" because she cuddles me so lovingly lol Because she is so fussy about who she gives affection to it makes her wanting to cuddled almost constantly by me all the sweeter. She is a Cats Protection cat, we got her from them after she came from a family where she was hassled by children constantly, probably why she likes her peace and quiet so much. We got her at around four months old. She had some dental issues and so doesnt have so many teeth left bless her. She is spayed too, hence she lives with a boy cat.
NALA.jpg

This is our cat Bobby. He is around eight years old and is a funny little thing. He is sometimes very clever but mainly very 'simple', not helped by the fact that a few years back he climbed into the tumble drier and hid under some clothes and even though we checked it we didnt feel him and...well, a couple of minutes later we heard a thump and checked and there he was!!! A visit to the emergency vet ensued, followed by me sitting up all night with him watching him like a hawk. Needless to say we NEVER leave the drier door open now and we ALWAYS doubley tripley check now! Bobby is also a Cats Protection cat, we never really were told why he was there but he was and was around 12 weeks old when we got him.
He loves to spar with Blade on occassion but mainly he likes to run around the house like a loony playing tag by himself!!! (that or my ghost cat and dog!!!). He also loves to jump on one of the radiator cat beds and snuggles down so much that you just see a black mass on it lol
BOBBY.jpg

My bunny Snowey, I love this picture because she looks so funny with that tongue out lol
We got her from a friend of a family member after they said that if they didnt find a home for her they would let her go in the wild, I couldnt allow that so we took her in.
Picture009.jpg

This is a rough picture of our garden pond where we have different kinds of fish, shubunkins, koi, grass carp etc including three 'rescued' funfair goldfish!!! One of the big albino grass carps survived a heron attack a couple of years back, it had a bruised head but it survived and is really big now.
THEPOND.jpg

So those are my lovely pets.
Sorry about the size of the pictures.
Steph xx

kandeechops

Oh how wonderful they all are,I just love animals i have 2 greyhounds did have 3 until a short while ago but lost Kandee to cancer...bless her, she was 12

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Thanks guys xx
Rybens...she is very cute isnt she hehe
Rache...I used to have a lot more, I used to have guinea pigs and a hamster.
Kandee...awww God bless her and you xx

My hamster, Ducky, was very old and very frail and on her last day I found her in a ball and cold and went to get her out to bury her and she took a breath so I warmed her (warm water bottle with a thick tea towel over it) and sat on my bed just stroking her and cuddling her until she finally seemed to perk up, make a squeak sound, stretched up to me, gave me what I had always considered a smile (mad I know) and then passed away (boy did I cry!!!). I warmed her because she had done the same thing once before and warming her had brought her back and she had a good year of life after that, this time it just made her comfy for her final hour/s. Since then I havent gotten any more small furries, maybe I will in the future but not for the foreseeable future.

My hamster...this was taken about four months before she died, she looked frail even then...
ducky2.jpg

Also, definately still in my heart, though not in my life, is Charcoal, my very first ever guinea pig. I got him as an adult and he was a fantastic character. He lived until he was between three and four years old, he had to be put to sleep because he had lost a LOT of weight and the vets wouldnt listen to me (two seperate practices) and said that he was ok. In the end he was close to death and me being nervous that he was suffering, took him to end his hell, I regret that because it turned out that he was just hours from death anyway, so I could have kept him home and cuddled him until the end, I will never truly forgive myself for that, though he did have a fabulous life here. I am going to share a photo of him because I loved him so dearly and even dead he still has a place in my life and my heart. The picture is of him in healthier days.
Picture431.jpg

Oh and cute photos of animals that arent actually my pets now. The school I work at had an enrichment thing of hatching chicken eggs and some were rehomed with families (time proved that that was a bad choice as at least two of the four were badly treated and died) but there were four left, so I got onto a rescue site and asked could anybody take them in. I found a guy in Scotland but he couldnt have them for a week so they stayed here with me for just over a week. They now live on a sanctuary in Scotland with lots of room to roam and be happy. So here is a picture of them when I had them, I still miss them now!
One of when they arrived...
chick.jpg

and one of them a day or two before they left, see how they had grown quickly. they had some feathers at this point.
chickstretch.jpg

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed these other pics.
Steph xx

kandeechops

OOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're so very kind, Pleople who love and care for animals are very special people, God bless you & your pets

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Awww thank you xx
I want to win the lottery, hey who doesnt lol but I want to win it so that I can open an animal santuary and fill it with needy animals and take damn good care of them.
Got to love animals, they dont have an agenda and for the most part are selfless, as much as I adore people animals trump them every time lol
Steph xx

karenlouisemee

I also love animal i only have 1 dog now called tommy hes 18 years old bless him and a cross breed he has been the most faithful dog. i have had him from being a 8 week old pupppy but he is starting to slow down alot now. dont know what i would do without him.

Cuppacocoa

wants the sunshine back!
Steph, I'm more of a cat person but I have to say your doggy is very cute! x

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Hayley...he is a darling hehe a bit daft at times and a bit like a petulent child at other times, but he is my baby and I love him lol he IS very cute.

Encore...they sure are members of the family, sod the folks that say they arent! x

Steph xx

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Oh Mama video by stephieack - Photobucket this my Blade 'saying' Oh Mama lol Excuse my stuuuuuuuuuupid tone!!!
Steph xx

P.S if that link works and you get to my album, have a look at the little clip of the chicks in their travel box, they loved to perch on my fingers like that lol Also, look at my gorgeous niece having a little boogie lol she is about to turn three now but is still just as cute as she was there lol funky little thing hehe