• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My recipes

Oooh whats a Salisbury Steak? X

Looks scrummy x

Kirstys version of salisbury steak (again did not have all the ingredie ts so made it up really!)

500g lean steak mince,
1/3 cup golden breadcrumbs,
2 large egg whites,
Fry light,
3/4 cup water
3 tbsp tomato paste,
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce i added more cos i like it!
1/4 tsp black pepper
Marmite,
Onions,
Cornflour

To begin add the mince, breadcrumbs and egg whites into a bowl and mix well.
Shape the mix into burgers, i made 6 pretty big burgers so if you like smaller ones it will make more.
Using fry light sear the burgers in a frying pan then transfer to oven to cook through.
Whilst the burgers are cooking fry the onions in the juices from the burgers and a little bit of fry light. Fry until golden brown and tender. Add the water followed by the worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and marmite as much as you like to taste. One heaped tsp did me. Mix together to form a sauce.
Add the burgers back into the pan and reduce. Add cornflour paste if needed to thicken and serve.

this is the proper recipe! Superfast salisbury steak

3/4 lb ground turkey breast
3/4 lb ground round (i dont know what round is?)
2 large egg whites
cooking spray
3/4 cup water
3tbsp tom paste
2tbsp madeira wine or dry sherry,
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce,
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 10/12 ounce can condensed french onion soup such as campbells.

Follow the same method x x

'Round' is just beef... just happens to be a specific part of the cow. So in essence it's just asking for minced beef. ;)

These all look quite tasty... might try some of them out on my husband and see what he thinks. If they're 'a go' then they'll get added to the "Things to eat once Jenna can actually eat again" list. :p Thanks for posting them!

Thank you for letting me know what a round is god I'm thick!

image-1063887256.jpg

This is what I made tonight slow cooker roast chicken x x

Hmmm that looks good, I'm buying a slow cooker this weekend, bit nervous about using it as never have but gonna make a beef stew so I can puree it down next week xx

image-3161204089.jpg

Just had to share this pic will post the recipe later! Slow cooked sweet Caribbean chicken! Nice as a treat peeps I have to say! X x

I made veg fritters tonight! Left over mash, grated carrot, grated courgette, grated cheese mixed together, flattened into fritters sprayed with fry light and cooked in the oven x x

Back