• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nausea 7 Months Out?

Pandora_150

Finally Post-op!
Hi All,

I am now over 7 months out of my Bypass and I have always been worried that my operation hadn't 'worked' properly as I have never been sick... Until now!

Last Monday, I was having waves of nausea that came and went really quickly, however, at about 20:00 I had just finished a slice of toast (nothing new, or a different amount), when all of a sudden, about 15 mins after eating, I ran to the toilet and threw it all up!

Prior to this I have never been sick, or had a problem with any food and I never push past restriction.

I went back to basics after and spent the next day on fluids. However, I have still been feeling ridiculously nauseous since! I can spend the day feeling (and eating/drinking) absolutely fine... And then all of a sudden I feel ridiculously sick! I have not actually been physically sick since that Monday, but this feeling is really getting annoying now and as I start back at work tomorrow I am worried what will happen if it continues! There is no rhyme or reason to these bouts, they can come before, during, or after I eat... Any time of the day... Sometimes they last 5 mins, other times for hours!

I have an appointment with my surgeon on Friday as it is my 8 month check-up with blood test results; so this is obviously something I will be bringing up with him. But I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this so far out from surgery, or might possibly know what could have caused it.

Oh and don't worry about my fluid intake or food intake as I have managed to keep both up, even though its quite difficult working around these bouts of nausea!

Steph x

hello there

sorry to hear you dont feel 100% , just an idea , but could you have a tummy bug as there is plenty of sickness bugs going round atm ...

All the best - MeJulie x x

Hi Mejulie,

I thought it was a tummy bug originally, which is why I wasn't too bothered about it till now. But this has been going on for a little too long now (a week) for me to think it could still be a tummy bug. No other symptoms either... Strange...

I really do hope its just an extended tummy bug though!

Steph x

Hehe! I'm sure Mr 'D' would love that!

I've been told I can't have kids due to my Hypothyroidism/PCOS... Plus (just in case the OH has Super Swimmers) I am on the Implant!

It also help that this also occurred to me on Thursday and I ran out and bought and took a test! Negative... So I doubt its that. I don't have periods so I have no idea how accurate the test was; but given the above situation I have no doubt I'm not pregnant!

I am really struggling to see what could be causing this! I can't believe I was at the WLS meeting last Monday, complaining to Vanessa that I had never been sick, and I go home, have some toast, and prompy throw up!!! Serves me right for complaining! ;)

Steph x

I have Hypothyroidism/PCOS too and have been pregnant 3 times, miscarried each time at around 9 weeks unfortunatly, but don't rule out it happening lol

I'm not ruling it out, which is why I'm on the Implant and I took the test. Mr 'D' might give me one on Friday to make sure too.

If I start craving pickles in ice cream I will take another test though! ;)

Steph x

It could just be that you have started to dump on carbs. I dump on carbs sometimes. Usually it is bread that does it for me. I am finding that I dump easier the further out from surgery that I get. I am now 11 months out btw.
xx

I'm not ruling it out, which is why I'm on the Implant and I took the test. Mr 'D' might give me one on Friday to make sure too.

If I start craving pickles in ice cream I will take another test though! ;)

Steph x

pickles and icecream yeuck even the thought of that is enough to make my stomach turn lol.
I was on the pill twice out of the 3 times I caught on, though I don't suppose the implant has as many things that interfere with it??

No idea. I thought pregnancy at first to. Hope you find out what it is soon. That will teach you, be careful what you wish for in future lol. xxx

Yep! I need to be careful what I wish for! And now I've been thinking about Pickles in Ice Cream I'm feeling sick again! I'm pretty sure that's self-induced though!

I hadn't thought about it being 'dumping'. I keep a food diary and from what I can see the nausea doesn't follow a pattern. It might be a good idea for me to keep a 'nausea' diary along side it to double check in the upcoming days though. Thank you.

Steph x

I am seven and a half months out from surgery and so far, touch wood, I havent vomited.
One thing that I have noticed happening for the last month or so is nausea. It isnt severe and is usually short lived and just comes over me in waves that make me take a few deep breaths and then I am ok as normal.
I am definately not pregnant so I know its not that and I wont be asking any medical professionals because it doesnt impact on my life, but in your case I would definately seek some advice on it as it has turned to more intense nausea and actual vomitting.
It is kind of curious that we are at pretty much the same point post-op and we are both experiencing waves of nausea, I wonder what its all about.
I hope you feel better soon and get answers too.
Steph xx

You'll have to say I wasn't ......... up till yesterday to avoid tempting fate.

Must be Yorkshire water (or the rain) cos I've had a nauseous day

Hope you feel better soon - and hope the pregnancy theory is just that!!

Angela xx

I also suffer from waves of nausea - usually after eating, but occasionally not.

I had a bug a couple of weeks ago - no sickness but diahorrea for a week - lost 10lbs in weight.

Thing is with bugs, if food is still in the system, it feeds the bug? So in the end I had to stop eating anything in order for my body to deal with the virus.

Just wondering if this could be the case?

Hope you feel better soon. :)

It might be your iron or b12. When either of mine is low I get nauseous, but as you're getting blood test results soon that will be obvious then if it is an issue.

Aside from that, i find that if I am ill in any way, my tiny-tum likes to join in, and I get nauseous very easily. It can last a good week or ten days sometimes, and I just rest and take things easy, and have lots of simple things like soup.

Back